THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Happy New Year, Happy New Look at Whimpulsive

>> Saturday, January 1, 2011




1/1/11 – seems like a good time for a new look, huh?

Things look a little different here as of today. I’ve kept the same basic color scheme and feel, but changed to what I hope is a much cleaner and easy to read look.

What’s moved:
Now that the sidebars are narrower I’ve moved a couple of things to the footer. My Highly Recommended Shelf on Goodreads is down there as well as the blog archive listing.

What’s gone:
I’ve eliminated the Blog Challenges page because I’ve eliminated all but one challenge. I’ve also removed the link to the Pirate Bendy blog since I so rarely update that any more.

What’s new:
I’ve added at tab at the top for Books purchased in 2011. I’ve decided to track my book purchases this year just for fun. I’m not sure I’ll keep doing it after this year but I’m going to find out just how many books I do buy in a year.

I’ve added a link to my Posterous site (on the far right under “More of my Whimpulsiveness) where I post random photos and quick stuff that isn’t really worthy of a full blog post here. Most of that is posted via email or my phone which is why it’s on Posterous.


What’s in the works:
Sometime (sooner rather than later I hope) I’ll be adding a listing of books reviewed here both by author and by title. It’s time consuming to put together, but I’m working on it.

I need something for that third space down in the footer, but I haven’t decided what to put there yet. What do you think I need to add?

17 comments:

Eleanor 1/01/2011 7:55 AM  

I really, really like the renovations! Well done.

Mary 1/01/2011 8:18 AM  

Looks great! Easy on my eyes and I like the organization. Happy New Year/New Look :)

Kay 1/01/2011 8:22 AM  

I like it! Good luck with putting together your index of reviews. I should probably do it. Perhaps in the future. I love the idea of a listing of purchases. I'm hoping to cut down - famous last words.

Happy New Year!

Amy 1/01/2011 10:06 AM  

I love it! Also, I love the idea of keeping track of books bought publicly..if I did that, I might buy less. :) Hmmm...might steal that one! happy New Year, friend!

Carolyn 1/01/2011 12:15 PM  

Love this. If I have one resolution to keep this year (and I usually do not!) is to read more books. Your blog has always been such a great resource for me and now it's even better.. Love it

Happy New Whimpulsive Year to You.

Beth F 1/01/2011 6:43 PM  

Well you *know* I love your look! Fabulous. And thanks for your help with all you learned when you worked on the code for this. Congrats on the new template.

Happy new year!

Thoughts of Joy 1/01/2011 7:02 PM  

I like it! Looks great! I'm getting antsy to renovate, too, but it won't happen for awhile.

Vasilly 1/01/2011 7:40 PM  

Love your new look!

Literary Feline 1/01/2011 10:01 PM  

Everything looks great! I hope you have a happy New Year.

Melissa 1/02/2011 5:48 AM  

Love the new format! Looking forward to more fun stuff from you this year.

Patty 1/02/2011 12:43 PM  

I love the new look!!!

Debbie's World of Books 1/02/2011 6:13 PM  

Hmm, interesting idea to track books you buy. I should do that and track which books I actually read from that list in 2011. Sometimes I buy them and they just sit on my shelves. lol.

SuziQoregon 1/03/2011 6:47 PM  

Oh you are all so nice! I'm glad you like the new look. I'm very very happy with it. It took me a long time to find something I liked that was customizable enough do what I needed.

Happy New Year to all of you!!

Kay, Amy and Debbie: I decided to track my purchases this year because I know I'm guilty of buying books and then not getting around to reading them for ages. Maybe if I keep the list it'll make me read them sooner? or not. I'm also curious to see just how many books I actually buy. I've tracked for years how many I read and for the last few years, how many I get from the library. I'm curious to see what that list looks like at the end of the year.

Carrie: I really hope you do get more time to read this year. You are owed quite a backlog of that.

BethF: thank you again for being my 'previewer' while this transition was still in process. I'm just glad I was able to figure out those things that were bugging me and figured that I knew you well enough to guess that they were bugging you too.

Teddy Rose 1/03/2011 9:36 PM  

Happy New Year Suzi! Your blog looks great. I tackled the reviews list in 2010, it was time consuming but worth it. Now I have to remember to update it more oftem. LOL!

SuziQoregon 1/06/2011 8:41 PM  

Teddy Rose: I agree - that reviews list is a ton of work, but so worth it. Soon, I hope.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP