THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

I finally finished something for me

>> Thursday, October 13, 2011

This is a lap throw that I started for myself, oh about three years ago (if not longer). I would have finished it a long time ago but my friends, my friends kids and various other people kept having babies who needed afghans. I found myself putting this aside in favor of something for someone else that had a deadline.



It's finally done!! And I love it. It's the perfect size and weight for when I need something to keep me warm when I'm curled up in my chair with a book.


 click on the photos to see larger images


Crochet
Yarn - Lion Brand Wool-Ease
Color - Wheat
Pattern - Crochet Textured Throw I did make one alteration to the pattern with the border. The border in the pattern was a fairly thin scalloped edging. I thought the pattern was substantial enough to need a more substantial border so I did two rounds of double crochet followed by one of single crochet.

I'm looking forward to being able to curl up with this as the weather gets cooler.
.

12 comments:

Marie 10/13/2011 6:49 AM  

Very nice. I haven't crocheted in many years, but one day I'd love to make this. I love the colour. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa 10/13/2011 6:49 AM  

It's beautiful. I Love it! I'd like mine in green or burgundy please ;-)

Eleanor 10/13/2011 7:03 AM  

Hooray for you!! It's about time. Plus, it is beautiful.

Teresa 10/13/2011 8:28 AM  

It's lovely! Congratulations on finishing it.

Kay 10/13/2011 12:09 PM  

That is so pretty and I know it will be nice to have this winter with the dampness that you're sure to get. I remember. So, a nice cup of tea and a good book and that lovely throw. You're all set!

Vickie 10/13/2011 1:10 PM  

It's lovely! So nice to make time for yourself and a gorgeous blanket.

Patty 10/14/2011 4:45 AM  

It is beautiful and it is good to do something just for you...enjoy your first cup of tea and book with it...

auntie-c 10/14/2011 9:14 PM  

Simply lovely! You did a wonderful job on this... and about time you did one for you!

Kailana 10/15/2011 3:56 AM  

Congrats on finishing! My mother has made me so many blankets over the years I have never even considered making one for myself. I don't know what to do with the ones I have now for the most part...

Cathy 10/16/2011 10:25 AM  

Love it!

When I was a teenager back in the last Ice Age, I knitted my grandmother a lap throw. I moved across country shortly thereafter, and forgot about it because I would always go back to visit in warm weather.

When I went back for my grandmother's funeral and was going through some of her things, there was the lap throw. It had been used and washed so many times, it was practically worn through in spots. It made me cry.

Trish 10/18/2011 11:18 AM  

It is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! And good for you for making something for yourself. I'm selfish--as soon as I started quilting I made myself something. Been working on poor hubby's quilt for ever a year now, and he reminds me every night when I'm curled up with my quilt. ;)

ENJOY!!!

SuziQoregon 11/01/2011 9:25 PM  

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with how this turned out. I'm almost looking forward to winter reading weather.

For those of you who crochet - it's really a pretty simple pattern.

Melissa - who knows - maybe someday . . .

Cathy: Oh I love the story about your grandmother.

Trish: LOL - The Hubster can't complain - I made him an afghan years ago.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP