THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Confessions of a Serial Reader – The Ones I’m Targeting for 2012

>> Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Confessions of a Serial Reader

I picked a few of my current series and put them on my priority list for 2011. This was an effective strategy for me. I managed to catch up with the current release in several of my ongoing series.

Now it’s time to pick the ones I’m going to target for catching up in 2012.

I need to be strategic about this and pick not only series I truly want to catch up with but also some where that involves a reasonable number of unread books. I mean, I enjoy J.D Robb’s Eve Dallas series and Cynthia Harrod-Eagles Moreland Dynasty series but when the number of unreads are numbers like 17 and 33 respectively it’s just not going to happen.

So, I’ve picked these series to put on my priority list to try to catch up to the current release by the end of 2012.
Note: Images and links are to the first book in and not my next read in each of these series.

Mark Billingham's Inspector Tom Thorne series
Sleepyhead by Mark Billingham
This is one I just started in 2011, have thoroughly enjoyed. I read six of them since last November. I've only got three to read to catch up with what I can currently get my hands on.

Julie Hyzy's White House Chef series
State of the Onion by Julie Hyzy
I've only read the first one of these but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I want to balance out the mystery mix in 2012 with a few more cozies and catching up with the 3 currently unread and the new one coming next month will be a fun way to do that.

Michael Koryta's Lincoln Perry Series
Tonight I Said Goodbye by Michael Koryta
I've read 3 of the 4 but got distracted by his standalone thrillers. I want to get back to this series and read that last one.

Chelsea Cain's Archie and Gretchen series
Heartsick by Chelsea Cain
I've let one of my favorite local author's down this year. I have her most recent entry in this series on my shelf but as yet unread. I must remedy this before the next book comes out.

David Rosenfelt's Andy Carpenter series
Open and Shut by David Rosenfelt
This is another series that has an alarmingly high unread count. I love this series. I love Andy, I love the humor, I love the supporting characters. Most of all I love Tara the best dog EVER! I have 3 to read to catch up with this series.

What about you? Do you have any particular series that are high on your priority list or reading planning for next year?

5 comments:

Kailana 12/20/2011 9:54 AM  

In 2010 I caught up with Kelley Armstrong. I had planned to tackle and catch-up with a big series this year, too, but I don't think it happened... I just finish a few trilogies, etc, though. Next year I have a few ideas for series I would really like to get back around to reading.

raidergirl3 12/22/2011 3:48 PM  

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to copy your post idea, of the series I want to target in 2012.

However, I am not looking at the titles of any of your series posted here, because I don't know any of them! And I'm sure they are very good, and I have my own problem series over at my blog! Maybe if I'm successful in getting caught up, I'll look into some of the ones you are reading.

SuziQoregon 12/24/2011 8:51 PM  

Kailana: Oh I haven't read Kelly Armstrong - I'll have to check out that series.

Raidergirl: I don't mind at all!! I love to read about what other series fans are reading and planning. LOL at your 'problem series'. I understand.

Susan 12/27/2011 1:03 PM  

Hi SuzieQ - I found you through raidergirl3, with her post on her serial books she is going to read. Since I read a lot of mystery and some fantasy series, I'm considering doing the same. To help me get caught up in some of my favourite series!

I had Sleepyhead out from the library but didn't get time to finish it. I should just buy it and get on with the series, right? lol

Hmm, Nevada Barr (at least 4 behind now), MC Beaton (just started reading), Peter Lovesey (just discovered, making my way through, love this series so much), Liveship Trader series by Robin Hobb ( I read the other two series by her - the Far Seer trilogy and Tawny Man series, and they were fabulous), Dana Stabenow (Kate Shugak ) - oh, many behind! Tess Gerritsen - just started this series. *sigh* and that's just what I see beside me here at the computer! Peter James! CJ Sansom! the list is endless, so I like the idea of focusing on some series to get caught up on. It makes me think I'm getting ahead in something! lol

SuziQoregon 1/17/2012 8:28 PM  

Susan: thanks for stopping by! Nice to 'meet' you!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP