THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update December 18, 2011

>> Sunday, December 18, 2011


Weekend Update
Since my last update:

I’m still a bit overwhelmed with holiday and work busy. I feel like I’m hardly reading anything, but I’m managing to squeeze in a bit here and there. Right now I’m counting down the days to vacation and hope to do some major reading during the week I have off between Christmas and New Years.

I have not finished a darn thing this week. I’m still reading Hostage Zero by John Gilstrap. It’s the second in a good series and I’m enjoying it quite a bit.

I’m listening to A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny. It’s read by Ralph Cosham who could read the phone book to me and I’d be perfectly content. I’ve put that one on pause as of Friday though.

I have a version of Dickens’ A Christmas Carol read by Ralph Cosham so I’m setting aside A Trick of the Light for a few days in order to listen to A Christmas Carol this week. It’s a wonderful version. I was a little concerned about moving to a different audiobook in the middle of another when they’re both read by the same person but it’s not a problem. I thought it might seem a bit like Chief Inspector Gamache reading me a holiday story but the books are different enough and Cosham is good enough that it hasn’t been a problem for me. On the other hand, Chief Inspector Gamache taking a break from his investigation to read me a story is not a bad thing so the occasional momentary flashes of that just make me smile.

I need to decide what short story I’m going to read for tomorrow’s Short Story Monday. I think I might need a bit of a P.G. Wodehouse fix. His name came up in a conversation on Twitter this week and it’s been far too long since I read any of his stories. I’ve got the Meet Mr. Mulliner collection here so maybe I’ll read one of those this afternoon.


Other than books and reading:

One of the reasons I’ve been short on reading time is that I’ve got knitting and crocheting projects in the works for Christmas. I had hoped to have the slipper socks I’m making for my Sister-in-law done by today but I discovered a mistake on Friday. I had to tear out about half the foot to fix where I’d made a pattern mistake. At least the mistake was after the heel so it wasn’t too bad. I’m almost back to where I was before I had to tear it out.



I took a class this week to learn how to make little Christmas stockings. These are so darn cute I couldn’t resist. They’d be great ornaments, gift tag holders, or just decorations. I have no idea if I’ll ever make another one, but the class was fun and the stocking I made just makes me smile because it’s cute.


New on my shelves and lists:

Whistling in the Dark by Lesley Kagen
”Whistling

Good Graces by Lesley Kagen
”Good

One of the usual suspects, Jen at Jen’s Book Thoughts mentioned this author this week on Twitter. Before I knew it I’d added both of these to my list. Jen has that effect on me.

Hope you're having a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Amy 12/18/2011 1:42 PM  

cute stocking! i hope you have a fabulous reading week between the holidays!

Kailana 12/19/2011 2:59 AM  

Those stockings are very cute!

I am curious about Lesley Kagen... I must go look her up!

Lynne 12/21/2011 3:51 AM  

Love the little stocking!

I love Lesley Kagen! I just finished her book - TOMORROW RIVER. Great book. I've read WHISTLING IN THE DARK but haven't yet read the sequel, GOOD GRACES. I think you'll like her.

Trish 12/21/2011 11:20 AM  

Cutest stockings ever!!! One day I'll learn how to knit and crochet. One day... ;)

Hope you and your hubster have a beautiful Christmas.

SuziQoregon 12/24/2011 8:47 PM  

Amy: thanks - I hope so too.

Kailana: I think the stocking is just adorable.

Lynne; thanks - and thanks for the reinforcement about Lesley Kagen.

Trish:isn't it cute?? You may not knit or crochet but you quilt which is way beyond my ability.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP