THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update January 15, 2012

>> Sunday, January 15, 2012


Weekend Update
Since my last update:

I finished reading Before the Poison by Peter Robinson. It was excellent. Keep an eye out because it’s coming out next month and you should put it on your list to watch out for.

I started reading Start Shooting by Charlie Newton. Jen at Jen’s Book Thoughts recommended this one and she was right. It caught my attention right off the bat. I’m hoping to be able to spend some quality time with it today.

I’m still listening to The Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler. I’m a convert to listening to Cusslers books instead of reading them Scott Brick is a great narrator and these adventure stories are great for my driving around town listening.


Other than books and reading:

Last weekend was our annual family get-together in Hood River to celebrate Dad’s birthday. It was a pretty day to drive through the Columbia Gorge.
near Multnomah Falls

There were a lot of low clouds but blue sky above. I could have easily stopped many times to take some photos. I did manage to get a couple along the way.
Columbia River

It was cold but clear this week which made for some pretty sunrises and sunsets.
Mt. St. Helens from my office

After a rough week it was nice to have a chance for some fun yesterday. Jenn from Jenn’s Bookshelves was in town and we had a chance to get together to enjoy some time to chat and enjoy some good wine before she headed back home. I always enjoy meeting up with bloggers I’ve known for a long time.It was great to meet Jenn and have a chance to enjoy a nice chat.

I happened by this chess game in progress at Director Park in downtown Portland on my way to meet Jenn.
Chess game


Hope you're having a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Mary (Bookfan) 1/15/2012 9:12 AM  

Gorgeous pics! And how fun that you and Jenn could meet :)

Kay 1/15/2012 11:53 AM  

Have I ever told you how much I love the mountains in Oregon. I have a picture collage thing above my desk with the before, during, and after shots of Mt. St. Helen's. Got it when we were in Oregon last year. Yes, I just cannot let go of my Oregon-love.

Nice that you got to meet Jenn. The chess game looks fun.

Michelle Shannon 1/15/2012 4:15 PM  

Glad you had such a great week! Meeting Jenn would definitely be among the highlights for me.

Kailana 1/16/2012 3:24 AM  

Great pictures! Getting to meet up with a blogger would be a lot of fun. I have yet to actually have that happen for me... Have a great week!

Bookfool 1/16/2012 2:15 PM  

Wow, what a beautiful place you live! I'm envious. So cool that you got to meet a blogger friend! That's always such fun.

Les 1/17/2012 3:47 AM  

I can't get over my Oregon-love either, and I've never lived there! Gorgeous photos. I especially like the one with the water. It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. And now you've had some snow, right? Us, too.

Yvann 2/05/2012 2:02 AM  

It is always fun when you get to meet other bloggers - I caught up with a few this weekend.

SuziQoregon 2/07/2012 8:45 PM  

Mary: it's always fun to finally meet another blogger face to face!

Kay: yeah - we're lucky with the scenery here. I've lived enough other places to truly appreciate it ever since I came home after grad school.

Michelle: love meeting my blogger friends!

Kailana: Thanks - I've managed to actually meet several book bloggers who have made their way to Portland over the years.

Bookfool: It's why I'll never move away from the Pacific Northwest! One of these days you and I will work out a get together,

Les: LOL - I feel like you're part Oregonian though!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP