THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update January 20, 2012

>> Saturday, January 21, 2012


Weekend Update
Since my last update:

What happened to this week? Suddenly it’s Saturday again and I’m still reading and listening to the same books I was on Sunday. No I’m not in anything that could be termed a reading ‘slump’. I’m just being attacked by several To Do lists at the same time. Tomorrow is looking promising as a day to indulge myself with reading time.

I’m nearly done with Start Shooting by Charlie Newton. I should finish it up today. The closer I get to the end of this one, the more exciting it gets. Well done Mr. Newton!

I’m still listening to The Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler. This has been a typical Dirk Pitt adventure story and I enjoy Scott Brick’s performance of this series just as much as I enjoyed listening to him read my most recent book from Cussler’s Kurt Austin series. I’ve got The Hubster listening to that one now.

If you’re a mystery fan, please check in over at Jen’s Book Thoughts and consider signing up for this year’s Mystery Theme Week. It’s going to be the week of April 16-20 and the theme this year is “Heroes and Villains”. I’ve participated in her theme week for the past two years and I can promise you that Jen does an amazing job of putting together a week of fun for all. I’d love to have you join in the fun this year.


Other than books and reading:

I’ve been busy. Between work and just stuff I need to do at home I feel like the To Do lists are growing as fast as I can check things off. When the chance comes along to relax a bit with some reading time or catching up with shows on the DVR I fully appreciate it these days.

Let’s see, this week we’ve had snow, rain, windstorms and flooding. That upcoming vacation to Mexico is looking very good these days.

Taking a look at the iPhone photos from this week . . .

Howie was all excited to go outside on Sunday morning but he was not a fan of getting snowed on so he just sat on the porch pillar and grumped about it.
Howie is not a fan of snow



Sometimes waiting for my train in the rain is actually kind of pretty. I love the way this part of downtown looks.
Here comes my train



Hope you're having a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Eleanor 1/21/2012 11:25 AM  

I love the train track picture. It's exactly the "romance" I always think of when I think of traveling to work this way. It's a 40's movie thing, I'm sure!

Kailana 1/21/2012 11:54 AM  

Casey is mystified by snow. She sits in the window and tries to catch it. Silly kitty...

unfinishedperson.com 1/21/2012 11:55 AM  

I haven't heard of Charlie Newton, but I'll have to check him out. Looks good. Of course, I've heard of Clive Cussler. I need to listen to some more audiobooks. That might be a good place to start.

Les 1/22/2012 3:52 PM  

My mom mentioned the wind storms (a lot of trees down!). Kind of scary.

I was wondering if you were heading to Mexico again this year. You do this annually, right? I think it'd be fun to go somewhere every year. Once you check out all the sites and find your favorite restaurants, you can basically relax, year after year. I guess we kind of do this when we go to Depoe Bay. :) I'm looking forward to my first trip to Hawaii in March. I just wish it wasn't such a long flight(s) from Nebraska!

Howie and I are on the same page about winter. Only a couple more months...

SuziQoregon 2/07/2012 9:01 PM  

El: somedays the train is most definitely not romantic, but it looks cool ;-)

Kailana: LOL - Howie is funny - sometime he hates the snow, other time he runs out and dives right in.

UnfinishedPerson: Oh the Charlie Newton was good - you should try it.

Les: Yes - we are headign to Mexico at the end of February. It's a good time to get out of Oregon ;-) There is a comfort level with going to the same place again - you know where stuff is and you can revisit favorite spots as well as try some new places.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP