THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update January 29, 2012

>> Sunday, January 29, 2012


Weekend Update

Since my last update:

Another busy week but I did manage to get a little bit of reading done.

I finished Start Shooting by Charlie Newton and I also read The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka. I enjoyed both of them.

I’m currently in the middle of Pronto by Elmore Leonard. It’s the first of his books that feature Raylan Givens, now played by Timothy Olyphant on TV in Justified. This is my first Elmore Leonard book and the Raylan in the book is very much as portrayed on TV.

Yes, I’m still listening to The Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler. I only listen when I’m in the car by myself so it takes me a while to get through some longer books. I’m enjoying the typical Cussler adventure story in this one.


I'm still plugging this year's Mystery Theme week. Hope you'll join the fun by checking in at Jen’s Book Thoughts and signing up for this year’s Mystery Theme Week. It’s going to be the week of April 16-20 and the theme this year is “Heroes and Villains”. I’ve participated in her theme week for the past two years and I can promise you that Jen does an amazing job of putting together a week of fun for all. I’d love to have you join in the fun this year.


Other than books and reading:

I finished the hat I was making for my friend’s baby boy.
football hatfootball hat

I thought the pattern was cute when I first saw it but then I saw the finished hat on him and just melted.

A few random photos from my week:

Took this one of the Pioneer Courthouse downtown while I was walking around after work on Wednesday. It was lovely to have a break from the rain on the day I had downtown errands to do.
Pioneer Courthouse


Yesterday was just a beautiful afternoon. We went up to Council Crest (highest point in Portland) to see what the view looked like. There wasn't enough wind to totally clear out he hazy clouds but it was still a pretty day,
Portland from Council Crest


Hope you're having a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Meghan 1/29/2012 11:49 AM  

You're right about that hat - it's cute on its own, but unbelievably cute on that little boy!

Kay 1/29/2012 1:43 PM  

What a precious baby! The hat looks great on him. Loved the Portland shot. So beautiful.

Interesting to hear about the Raylan book and how it compares to the TV show. That character has apparently been around for a really long time, just not that many books about him. I wondered if it would seem dated.

Eleanor 1/29/2012 3:01 PM  

I am going to steal that baby's hat for my own sorry head.

Kailana 1/30/2012 1:58 PM  

That hat is so cute!

Jen 1/30/2012 5:45 PM  

Love the hat! Love it!!!

SuziQoregon 2/11/2012 9:06 AM  

Meghan: I agree - so much cuter when you see it on him.

Kay: No the Raylan book really didn't seem dated. He wasn't technically the main character but it was good.

Eleanor; I know someone who could make you one ;-)

Kailana: isnt' it? and super easy too.

Jen: thanks!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP