THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update January 8, 2012

>> Sunday, January 8, 2012


Weekend Update
Since my last update:

It’s been a while because I took the week between Christmas off from both work and blogging.
I did manage to finish a few books in between watching football games. I finished Hostage Zero by John Gilstrap and 1222 by Anne Holt. I enjoyed both of them and will be posting the reviews this week. On audio I finished A Trick of the Light by Louise Penny and read by Ralph Cosham. In the days before Christmas I took a break from that book to listen to A Christmas Carol which just happened to also be read by Ralph Cosham. I wasn’t sure about mixing books read by the same person but it wasn’t a problem. It was nice to squeeze in a short Christmas book and then go back and finish up A Trick of the Light.

I’m currently about halfway through Before the Poison by Peter Robinson. I’ve been a long time fan of his Inspector Banks series but this one is a standalone mystery that is really quite excellent. I’m hoping to spend some quality time with it this afternoon.

My current audiobook is The Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler. I’m so glad a couple of people recommended the audio versions of Cussler’s books. Scott Brick reads them and they’re great fun escapist adventure stories for the driving around listening I do.

Where and When did I read in December

  • Turn of Mind – Present day Chicago
  • Poachers - Various time frames mostly in Alabama
  • Hostage Zero – Present day Virginia and Columbia
  • 1222 – 2007 Norway



Other than books and reading:

I managed to finish the slipper socks I was making for my Sister-in-Law just in time for Christmas. I used puff paint for the non-skid dots on the bottom. She’s going to be my tester for that method and let me know how it works. I was pretty darn proud of them for my very first socks.


New Year’s Eve was our traditional low key stay at home thing. Dungeness crab for dinner and Champagne for when the ball drops in New York. I like celebrating the New Year at 9pm our time. It’s the one day of the year I’m glad to be 3 hours behind TV time.


As a final thought today I wanted to show you what distracted me earlier this week as I was on my way to Trader Joe’s.



Hope you're having a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Kay 1/08/2012 12:48 PM  

The socks are gorgeous! The crab sounds so wonderful. I'm curious to hear what you thought about A TRICK OF THE LIGHT and I have the Peter Robinson book here to read as well. Beautiful picture. Just overall loveliness!!

Kailana 1/08/2012 5:48 PM  

What a fantastic sunset picture!

Patty 1/09/2012 4:50 AM  

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend time...it's similar to what we did...I am I have 1222 and the Poison book to get to...and now I can't wait!!!

Les 1/17/2012 3:51 AM  

Somehow missed this post...

Love those socks! What pretty colors!! You should be proud of them.

The crab looks yummy, but I especially love that sunset. Gorgeous!!

SuziQoregon 1/30/2012 9:07 PM  

Kay: thanks! I loved Trick of the Light! Can't wait for the next in the series.

Kailana: thanks!

Patty: it was wonderful. I need more of that!

Les: thank you!!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP