THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update February 12, 2012

>> Sunday, February 12, 2012


Weekend Update

Since my last update:

We had a fabulous weekend at the coast with friends last weekend, but that also meant not a lot of reading time.
beach sunset

I finished Missing Persons by Clare O’Donohue and liked it a lot. This is the first in a new to me series. The second will be out later this spring and I will definitely be on the lookout for it.

I started Accieents of Providence by Stacia Brown which is a historical fiction set in 1649 London.

I finished listening to The Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler. It was a fun adventure romp with the typical Cussler over the top but fun story. Scott Brick’s narration has made me a convert to audio for the two Cussler series I read.

I started listening to New Tricks by David Rosenfelt. I’ve read the first six in this series so making the jump to audio was a risk. Andy Carpenter is one of my favorite characters. You never know how the narrator’s voice and characterizations will match up or clash with the voice you’ve created in your head. I can tell you that by midway through the first CD I’m quite happy with the way that Grover Gardner reads this series and voices Andy Carpenter. . I have a road trip today and I’m definitely looking forward to spending several hours with Grover Gardner and Andy Carpenter.


Other than books and reading:

waves at sunset

We had a wonderful weekend getaway at the Oregon coast last weekend. We somehow lucked out and had amazing near record weather.
Tierra del Mar waves

I don’t think I’ve ever walked on the beach barefoot in Oregon in February before. We had a fun and relaxing weekend and are already planning a rerun for next January or February.
Pacific City Haystack Rock


Hope you're having a great weekend!!

8 comments:

Les 2/12/2012 6:58 AM  

I really need to start the Rosenfelt series. I keep hearing such positive comments about it and I'm intrigued. If I can get the first on audio, I may go that route. Otherwise, it may continue to get shoved to the bottom of the virtual pile.

Marvelous photos! That last photo looks so familiar to me. Is it on the south side of Pacific City, before you make the turn to head up toward Pelican Brew Pub? I'm glad you had good weather for your trip!

Les 2/12/2012 6:59 AM  

Now that I look at the picture more closely, it can't be south of Pacific City (Duh!) since the Haystack is south of the picket fence. Nonetheless, I do recognize the area. ;)

Beth F 2/12/2012 7:39 AM  

Sounds like a great weekend. I miss the Oregon coast . . . . a lot. Thanks for letting me pretend I'm there.

unfinishedperson.com 2/12/2012 7:55 AM  

Is Clive's son really Dirk too? Hmmm. I didn't know that. I imagine that their books could be fun on audiobook as I've been participating in an Ian Fleming/Simon Vance challenge and imagine that the genre translates quite well to audio.

I meant to comment a few posts back about "music to read by," but never did. I'm not usually into music either while I'm reading because I get caught up in the music, even if it's classical.

DoingDewey 2/12/2012 11:16 AM  

What beautiful pictures! It sounds like you had a great weekend :)

Trish 2/12/2012 1:49 PM  

Your weekend getaway sounds absolutely amazing--but the pictures drive the point home. One of my dream trips is to drive along the Oregon coast (on a motorcycle)--so far we've only been to the Portland airport and the drive to Astoria (but think most of that was actually in WA?).

Kailana 2/13/2012 2:12 AM  

What wonderful pictures. I am glad you had a good time!

SuziQoregon 2/21/2012 1:38 PM  

Les: yes you do! We were just north of Pacific City so that's looking south from the other side of Cape Kiwanda from the brewpub.

Beth: you just need to come for a visit!

UnfinishedPerson: Yup - Clive's son is named Dirk. You should try them on audio.

DoingDewey: thanks - we did.

Trish: well if you do head this way, be sure to let me know!!

Kailana: thanks - it was a well-timed and enjoyable getaway with friends. We're already planning a return trip next year.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP