THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update February 4, 2012

>> Saturday, February 4, 2012


Weekend Update

Since my last update:

It seems like the hectic pace is going to be the status quo for a while but I’m managing to carve out a bit of reading time when I can. It’s not nearly as much as I’d like but such is life.

I’m finished Pronto by Elmore Leonard and thoroughly enjoyed it. As a fan of he TV show Justified I was curious to find out how the character of Raylan Givens in the book compared to the TV show. I can happily say that I can totally see and hear Timothy Olyphant as Raylan while reading it.

I started Missing Persons by Clare O’Donohue and so far I’m liking it a lot. The main character is a TV producer for crime based news magazine type shows. In the early chapters of the book her soon to be ex-husband dies and she finds herself under suspicion for his death.

I’m on the last CD of The Treasure of Khan by Clive Cussler and Dirk Cussler. I’ll definitely be finishing this up this week and it’s been a fun adventure story and exactly what I expect from the Cusslers. Scott Brick makes the audio versions of these books quite enjoyable. I have several audiobooks clamoring for my attention so picking out my next one might be a tough choice.


Other than books and reading:

We had a rough week at our house. We had to say goodbye to our elder cat. Phoebe was nearly 15 years old and the first pet The Hubster and I adopted together. Her nickname remained “baby girl” until the very end.
Phoebe
Sometimes doing the right thing really sucks. We’re going to miss her. Howie is going to miss her a lot. This is the first time since we’ve been married that we only have one cat. I’m sure we’ll be getting Howie a cat later this spring or summer because he does not do ‘alone’ well at all and becomes his own crime spree.

We’re spending this weekend at the Oregon Coast with some friends. It’s nice to take a couple of days away for a getaway like this. The weather is absolutely amazing for February so I hope it holds up for the rest of the weekend.
backyard


These are just a couple of photos off the phone from when we arrived last night. I have a feeling some of the ones I took with the camera will be showing up for upcoming Wordless Wednesday photos.
sunset



Hope you're having a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Kay 2/04/2012 9:43 AM  

Oh, I'm so sorry about your "baby girl". I know it's hard to let go. Hugs to you guys.

Beautiful pictures. Wish I was there.

Kailana 2/04/2012 6:00 PM  

I am so sorry to hear about your cat! It is never easy...

Lisa 2/05/2012 6:32 PM  

I'm sorry to hear about your baby girl. I also have a 15 year old cat named Phoebe, but it was her sister Kieran that looked like yours.

Cozy in Texas 2/06/2012 5:03 AM  

I used to love visiting Oregon when we lived in California. Lovely coastline. So sorry about your cat. It's very difficult to part with a friend.
Ann

Nulaanne 2/06/2012 9:35 PM  

I am sorry about your cat. It is so hard to let go of an pet when it is time.

Love the shot of Haystack Rock.

SuziQoregon 2/21/2012 1:21 PM  

Thank you all so much. It was not unexpected but still sad to say goodbye. Our weekend away at the coast with friends could not have come at a better time.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP