THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

My Life According to Books 2012

>> Tuesday, October 2, 2012

For the past several years Pop Culture Nerd has hosted an annual tradition of fun. I participated for the first time last year and I'm glad that the 2012 event is here.

In her 2012 version of "My LIfe According to Books" she has provided a list of incomplete sentences. The sentences must be completed with the title of a book you've read in 2012.

It's always fun to join in and to also read the other participants results, Some are funny, some are a bit scary and some make you read them a couple of times to figure out.

If you'd like to join in, hop on over to Pop Culture Nerd's blog and give it a whirl.

Here is My LIfe According to Books 2012

(titles link to my reviews)



Blue MondayEvery Monday I look/feel like: LET'S PRETEND THIS NEVER HAPPENED (Jenny Lawson)


Last time I went to a doctor/therapist was because: (I was having a) BLUE MONDAY (Nccki French)



Last meal I ate was: (worthy of a round of) HAIL TO THE CHEF (Julie Hyzy)


My savings account is: GONE GIRL (Gillian Flynn)
The Yard

When creepy guy asks for my number ,I: START SHOOTING (Charlie Newton)


Ignorant politicians make me: (want to call) THE HANGMAN (Louise Penny)


Some people need to spend more time: (in) THE YARD (Alex Grecian)



Rules of CivilityMy memoir could be titled: NEW TRICKS (David Rosenfelt)


If I could have, I would've told my teenage self: THE RULES OF CIVILITY (Amor Towles)


In five years I hope I am: THE DUCHESS OF BLOOMSBURY STREET (Helene Hanff)


Hope you decide to join in this year's fun.

6 comments:

Beth F 10/02/2012 7:32 AM  

I always love this game! Thanks for reminding me of it.

Love your use of Gone Girl!!!!

SuziQoregon 10/02/2012 8:51 PM  

Beth F: Oh I hope you're going to join in! Gone Girl was the first one I decided on. That was the easiest
:-)

Pop Culture Nerd 10/03/2012 1:34 AM  

This is so funny! I've read many of these books, but used only one (LET'S PRETEND... as the answer about my last meal). I look at your list now and think, Why didn't *I* think of using those titles for those sentences??

Thanks for playing!

Carrie K. 10/04/2012 8:21 PM  

Oh, fun - I love your answers! And I'm definitely going to play along soon. :)

SuziQoregon 10/09/2012 8:43 PM  

Pop Culture Nerd: It's fun to see the same books used for different answers. It's one of the things I love about this.

Carrie: Oh good - it's a lot of fun!

Carrie K. 10/10/2012 6:28 AM  

My answers went up today. :)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP