THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

October Photo a Day Challenge

>> Monday, October 1, 2012

Today is October 1st so I'm doing my regular monthly reminder and recruitment post about rhe Photo a Day Challenge hosted by Chantelle at Fat Mum Slim. I've been participating in this daily photo challenge since back in the middle of March and today will be my 200th day of posting a daily photo. I've been happy that many of my online and face to face friends have joined me in the fun. I'd like to encourage you to give it a try if you haven't. It really is a lot of fun and even more fun when people you know are also participating.

Every month Chantelle posts a list of subjects or prompts for each day of the month. Chantelle's post about this month's list includes some extra explanation and ideas just in case any of the prompts have you stumped.

This is the list for September and Chantelle's instructions:

click image to view larger version
How to play

1. Look at the list each day, and discover the daily prompt.
2. Grab your camera – your phone or another camera – and take a photo using the daily prompt as inspiration.
3. Upload your photo to where ever you like: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, your blog or anywhere you please. {If sharing on Twitter or Instagram add the hashtag #FMSphotoaday}

Where to share
Once you’ve taken your photos the fun is in sharing them. So you can share them in one place, or a few – it’s up to you.
Here’s how share them:

Facebook
There are a few ways you could share on Facebook. You could create an album on your personal page, upload the list and share the photos every day. It’s a fun way to share with your friends. You can also upload to my wall on my Facebook page. Other options are creating a group with your friends, uploading to your own page {if you have one} or joining the October photo a day event.

Twitter
Upload your photo to Twitter and share a bit about it along with the hashtag #FMSphotoaday. Get social and tweet with the other photo a day players.

Instagram
This is my favourite place to share. Take your photo, add a filter, write a little about in the caption and add the hashtag #FMSphotoaday. Best of all, when you publish your photo, you can also publish to your Facebook page, Twitter, Tumblr and Flickr. So all the work is done for you. I’m @fatmumslim on Instagram.

Flickr
You can share your photos in the Photo A Day Flickr group. Join it here.

Tumblr + Blogs
Upload and share on your Tumblr and Blogs as you please. I’ll upload to my blog in one looooong post at the end of the month.

I have always opted to participate in this challenge using only photos from my phone. Between Instagram and a few other photo applications I have lots of options for editing photos on my phone. It's fun for me to see what I can do using just my phone and apps.

If you’d like to check out my previous photos they’re on my Tumblr blog at at Whimpulsiveness

I'm also now using ShutterCal too. You can see all 200 of my Photo A Day photos in a calendar format.

The most important thing to remember about this is the flexibility. For me, using only photos from my phone makes it low pressure so I don't feel like I ahve to have a perfect shot. That helps me to just relax and have fun with it.

I have created a Google Calendar for those who would like to have the daily prompts in their google calendar. Here is a link to the Instructions for subscribing to that.

If you've been participating I hope you'll continue. Please let me know where you are sharing your photos so that I can find them.

Here are a few of my favorites from the September Photo a Day Challenge. Click on the individual photos if you want to see a larger version.

natural
September 7th - natural
in my fridge
September 17th - in my fridge
underneath
September 19th - underneath
man-made
September 20th - man-made
before bedtime
September 23rd - before bedtime
frame
September 25th - frame

2 comments:

Les 10/08/2012 4:49 AM  

This is so much fun! I'm glad I decided to join in, as it gives me the opportunity to be creative with my photography after such a long lapse of only shooting pics on vacation or of family. You've got some fun pix, Julie. ShutterCal is awesome! I'll have to consider using it for my October pix.

SuziQoregon 10/09/2012 8:53 PM  

Les: I'm glad you joined in too. I really enjoy that many of my friends are participating now. I enjoy seeing everyone's photos. ShutterCal is great- easy to upload from either the phone or the computer and once you're looking it's great to scroll through. If you post to ShutterCal let me know so we can link up there.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP