THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update October 21, 2012

>> Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I’m still reading Say You’re Sorry by Michael Robotham. It’s unusual for me to start with a later book in a series but this one is so good. It’s got some dark and disturbing elements to it but I’m liking the main character and the story is very well done. I’m sure I’ll be going back and reading the earlier books in this series.

I also read the 4th book in the Unwritten series by Mike Carey and Peter Gross. I really never expected that I would like a graphic novel series as much as I do. This has been a pleasant surprise. I’ve got the 5th book out from the library now and will be reading it soon. I’m high on the waiting list at the library for the 6th volume which will be out on Tuesday.

On audio, I’m nearly done listening to The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny. This one has been a change of pace for this series. Taking the action away from the village of Three Pines allows her to focus on a couple of ongoing story threads but I miss some of the usual cast of supporting characters.


Other than books and reading:
The ongoing sorting, purging, cleanup binge at our house is shifting to the garage today. New shelf units are ready to be put together and we’ll get one side of the garage cleaned up this afternoon. I have yet to get on with the project of unpacking books and restocking my bookshelves but might get around to starting that this week. Mostly it’s been nice to have a week of fairly normal routine for a change.

Taking a browse through my phone photos for this week . . .

Summer is definitely gone and the showery weather is looking a bit more ominous these days.

Stormy Clouds

I’m back to going to work in the dark again but really – it’s actually kind of pretty at the transit center just around sunrise.
morning at the transit center

Sometimes when I’m sitting in my chair reading and take a glance to the left I see this. Then I crack up.

Abby
Hope you’re having a great weekend!





Hope you’re having a great weekend.

5 comments:

IYamVixen2 10/21/2012 6:46 PM  

I especially love that last photo.

I have some Michael Robotham books on Mt Git'r'Read that I really need to get down and at least on the nightstand so I will read them. Right now out of sight, out of mind until I read a review or blog entry like yours.

Bookfool 10/22/2012 12:21 PM  

Upside-down kitties are the bomb. Love your pics! Abby and Howie are endlessly amusing.

Unfinished Person 10/22/2012 8:12 PM  

Reading a series out of order, with a few exceptions (such as Jo Nesbo because of translation problems), is blasphemy to me! Blasphemer!!!! ;) Sorry, I feel (semi)strongly about this.

Les 10/25/2012 11:09 AM  

LOL! Great kitty shot!

Those ominous clouds look like our typical summer stormy skies. We had rain and wind last night, and it dropped down to the low 30s. I'm surprised we didn't wind up with snow!

SuziQoregon 10/29/2012 9:54 AM  

IYamVixen@: isn't that a crackup? Oh you should definitely read Robotham. You'd love Say You're Sorry.

Bookfool: Thanks - they keep us laughing.

UnfinishedPerson: Usually I am that way. It's really really difficult for me to read a series out of order but I've faced the fact that I can't read all of them so I will on very rare occasions give myself permission to 'start here and continue forward'. It relieved a lot of TBR related stress disorders,

Les: thanks ;-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP