THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update October 28, 2012

>> Sunday, October 28, 2012

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
This week made me feel like I’m getting my reading mojo back (or maybe my life is returning to routine). I finished a bunch of books.

I finished Say You’re Sorry by Michael Robotham and even though I haven’t read the earlier book in the series I thought it was good and plan to seek out the earlier books.

I read a fun seasonal story by Susan Hill. The Man in the Picture isn’t exactly a ghost story but it’s got a great gothic feel that’s perfect for the Halloween season.

I also read the 5th in the Unwritten series. This is such a fun graphic novel series and I love all the literary stuff that is such a key part of the plot.

I’m now reading Eggsecutive Orders by Julie Hyzy. This White House Chef cozy mystery series is a lot of fun and something a bit lighter is a good change of pace from what I’ve read recently.

On audio I finished The Beautiful Mystery by Louise Penny and am now back in the pattern of waiting for the next book in the Armand Gamache series. I’ll pass on the print and wait for the audio.

An article on NPR about the 60th anniversary of Charlotte’s Web led me to get the audio version of that. It’s read by the author and while not up to today’s audiobook production standards (you can hear papers being shuffled in the background once in a while) it was just a delight to have this book read to me. I’m looking forward to writing my review of this one.

I have returned to the Amelia Peabody series for my current audiobook. I’m Listening to The River in the Sky (narrated by Barbara Rosenblat). It’s the most recently published book in the series but I’m reading the series in story chronology order rather than publication order.


Other than books and reading:
Well, based how much I read this week, there obviously wasn’t a lot other than books and reading going on around here. I still haven’t pulled the boxes of books out of the attic to start restocking the bookshelves . . . Ha! Maybe I’ll tackle one of those this afternoon . . . or not.

Browsing the iphone photos from this week:

Downtown Portland foggy morning

Fall weather showed up this week with rain, fog and cooler temperatures.
Rainy Beaverton park

Fall trees in Beaverton park

We did reorganize and put up some new shelves in the garage so of course the cats had to help. Well in Abby’s case “help” is a stretch.
Abby considering going for a bike ride


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Eleanor 10/28/2012 11:25 AM  

Love every bit of it!

Kay 10/28/2012 12:55 PM  

Ah, thanks for sharing the lovely photos of Portland. Such a beautiful site with all the lovely fall colors. Then there is the rain, but that's to be expected. We moved to Portland in 1994 at about this time of year. It was actually the weekend that the time changed. Quite an adjustment for us. :-)

Charlie 10/28/2012 4:07 PM  

Glad you're getting your reading mojo back :) I'd never have thought there was an audio book of Charlotte's Web by the author, all I remember is that the book is good. Those trees are stunning!

SuziQoregon 10/29/2012 10:26 AM  

Eleanor: :-) so did I

Kay: Oh that would be an adjustment. Usually the weahter ends up being dreary around the fall time change and the early dark just makes it worse.

Charlie: Me too - I've been just too busy with life in general for a few months so it's nice to be back to enjoying longer stretches of reading time again. I had no idea that the author had read the audio of Charlotte's Web until I saw that NPR article.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP