THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update December 16, 2012

>> Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie. I’d put that for a while and it was fun to get back to it. I’d only read short stories by Agatha Christie before and it was nice to read a full length book featuring Miss Marple.

I started reading The Ridge by Michael Koryta. I’ve had it for a while and kept meaning to start it but other books kept catching my eye first. The fact that it fits the last category I need for this year’s What’s in a Name challenge for a book with a topographical feature in the title finally got me to pick it up. It’s just as good as I’ve come to expect from Michael Koryta. There’s a mystery but also a bit of a supernatural element and I’m hoping to get some time to really immerse myself in this one.

My current audiobook is Death Without Company by Craig Johnson. This is the second book in the Walt Longmire series featuring a Wyoming Sheriff and it’s just as good as the first one. I really enjoy George Guidall’s narration of this series. He’s excellent as the voice of Walt.

I’m trying to also continue reading a graphic novel along with a print book and an audio. The mix of three formats seems to work well for me. I’m almost done with the latest in the Unwritten series by Mike Carey and Peter Gross. It’s such a fun series for booklovers because it’s all wrapped around how stories impact public opinion and history.

Other than books and reading:
The Holiday stuff is winding down and I’m looking forward to some time off work between Christmas and New Years. We’re college football fans and with Bowl Season kicking off yesterday we’re soaking up all the college football we can before the long stretch between the National Championship game and next season’s kickoff. There are 35 bowl games and we’ll try to watch at least part of all of them. You never know when one will surprise you and turn out to be a great game. The last part of yesterday’s New Mexico Bowl was a perfect example of that.

Today is race day for us. It’s the Holiday Half Marathon (for The Hubster) and 5k (for me).

Holiday Half Marathon and 5k
The weather looks like it’s going to be pretty awful but hopefully worst of it will hold off until after we’re done.

Checking my phone photos from this week:

Bank of America Building Christmas Trees
The bank building across the street from my office always has beautiful holiday decorations

Bank of America Building Christmas Trees

We had a tree incident this week. Actually for Abby’s first Christmas I’m surprised it took this long.
Christmas with cats
 At least the one that crashed was the small owe with unbreakable ornaments. My favorite part was the “He did it.”, “She did it.” looks on their faces.

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Charlie 12/17/2012 5:20 AM  

Glad it was the unbreakable tree! The tree in the bank building is lovely. Watching at least some of 35 matches, wow, that's quite a goal, pun unintended. Hope your race went well :)

Michelle Shannon 12/19/2012 5:56 PM  

You are going to watch at least a portion of all 35 games? Impressive! I think my husband would have me committed if I tried to do that. He's not quite as big a football fan as I am. I'll have to live vicariously through you this bowl season.

I love the picture of the cats looking at each other after the tree crashed. "Who? Me?" Priceless!

SuziQoregon 12/30/2012 8:38 PM  

Charlie: yeah they picked the right tree to dump over. I just love the holiday decorations at that bank building every year. The photos just don't do it justice.

Michelle: We try to watch at least part of all of them every year. I always tell people I take the week between Christmas and New Years off to watch football. Yes that's exactly the way the cats were when I got home - too funny.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP