THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update December 23, 2012

>> Sunday, December 23, 2012

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
Well the holiday craziness and wind down to vacation from work was in full swing this week which meant that my reading time was quite limited.

I’m still reading The Ridge by Michael Koryta. I’m liking this one a lot. It’s a good combination of suspense thriller with a touch of supernatural elements.

I’m also still listening to the same audiobook. Death Without Company by Craig Johnson is very good. It’s the second in the Walt Longmire series and I thoroughly enjoy George Guidall’s narration of this series.

I haven't picked up a new graphic novel yet, but I've got the second in the Fables series out from the library and plan to start that this week.

Other than books and reading:
Last Sunday we ran The Holiday Half Marathon (for the Hubster) and 5k (for me). It was just as cold, rainy and windy as I thought it was going to be but I survived. I didn’t run the whole thing but I ran more than I walked and met my goal of finishing under 36 minutes. My official time was 35:13 so I’m happy with the result. Even though it was cold and wet the post race beer tasted great!

Post Race Beer


I still have to work tomorrow but then I’m on vacation until January 2nd. Keeping up with our holiday traditions that have developed over the years has already started.

Beginning with this: breakfast yesterday was Cranberry Cream Cheese bread. I only make this for Christmas so it’s the taste of the holidays for me.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Bread
This old post has the recipe.



I can’t leave you without some Abby Antics.
She’s decided she likes sleeping on her toy chicken.


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Unfinished Person 12/23/2012 9:49 AM  

First, congratulations on the 5K and your husband on the half. I used to do those (mostly 5Ks, very rarely the half, I think once). Second, I've probably mentioned it before, but I love the Longmire series, glad that you're enjoying them too. Third and lastly, before I forget it, may you and yours have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I'll probably catch you on Facebook, but just in case...

Michelle Shannon 12/23/2012 7:02 PM  

Congratulations on finishing your individual races! I always swear I am going to start running again. 2013 is going to be my year. I swear!

Your cranberry cream cheese bread sounds wonderful. I have my own cookies that my family loves/always request each season. It is funny how traditions develop, isn't it?

Enjoy your time off of work! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Beth F 12/24/2012 4:13 AM  

Good thing you put the link for that cranberry bread in the post, cause that was my first question -- where's the recipe?!

Congrats on your races. We took a nice walk yesterday and started thinking about running again. We may give it a try this coming year.

I still haven't started the Longmire series! I'm so out of it.

Merry, merry Christmas to you.

SuziQoregon 12/31/2012 8:58 PM  

Unfinished Person: thanks - I've done races before but this it the first time I tried to run any of it. I love the Longmire series too. I need to try to get The Hubster to listen - I think he'd like it.

Michelle: thanks! I enjoy both walking and attempting to run events like this. 10k's are my favorite walk distance but it's time to start seeing if I can actually run a full 5k.

Beth F: I knew I had to link to the recipe if I mentioned the cranberry bread. It turned out particularly good this year. We think it's because of the Trader Joe's cranberries. That's the only thing I did differently.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP