THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Where in the World Are You Reading? - Holiday Reading Escape

>> Monday, December 17, 2012

Where in the World Are You Reading is a monthly themed Meme jointly hosted by Trish at Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity, Lisa at Books. Lists. Life. and Kailana at The Written World.

Where in the World Are You Reading

Click on any of the links for the posts that explain the details of the Meme. It's never too late to join in so please consider doing so.

Lisa is this month's host so here is her explanation of this month's theme and a link to her post:
Meanwhile, what does your Christmas Reading Escape look like? Do you enjoy Christmas themed books? Are you already sick of the Christmas spirit? (If you are, you probably haven't read this far down this post!) Do you enjoy a nice glass of spiked egg nog with your books?

I wasn't sure what I was going to do for this month's topic because at first I interpreted it as being about what books I read for a Holiday Reading Escape. I don't tend to read holiday themed books and I didn't have any in my readinh plans this month.

After reading Lisa's post I realized that I was being too narrow in my definition of reading escape. I realized that for me escaping into my reading no matter what book is my way of escaping from the hubub and craziness of the Holiday season.

My favorite way to spend a weekend afternoon this time of year is to start by lighting the cranberry scented candles. For me that's the scent of the holidays because my mom always burned cranberry candles this time of year.

Then I brew up a cup of tea in my Christmas penguin mug.

Penguin Mug

I still don't know why penguins are in almost all the holiday animated specials and so popular in Christmas decorations because they're from the South Pole and not the North Pole but whatever . . . they're cute.


Fireplace

If it's cold I'll turn on the fireplace but even if it's not turned on it's decorated for the holidays.

view from my chair

Finally I plant myself in my recliner with my book and just enjoy the view over my slippers.

That's my Holiday Reading Escape. I escape from the chaos by just enjoying some time reading.

Check out the link to Lisa's post above and join in on this fun monthly meme.

5 comments:

Beth F 12/18/2012 3:57 AM  

Sounds absolutely perfect! I hope you have another recliner because I'm on my way over.

Bookfool 12/18/2012 9:11 PM  

Sounds like a lovely way to escape the chaos.

Bookfool 12/18/2012 9:11 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa 12/19/2012 7:38 PM  

If I knew where you lived I'd come steal that mug.

SuziQoregon 12/30/2012 8:40 PM  

Beth F: any time - come on over!

Bookfool: Yes that's a perfect word - escape.

Lisa: Isn't that mug fabulous! I actually picked that up at my local grocery and everything store.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP