THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Leaving Everything Most Loved by Jacqueline Winspear

>> Monday, March 25, 2013

Leaving Everything Most Loved by Jacqueline Winspear
Leaving Everything Most Loved by Jacqueline Winspear

Genre: Mystery
Series: #10 in the Maisie Dobbs series
Publisher: Harper
Publication Date: 2013
Pages: 352
Source: egalley provided by the publisher


The Short Version:
Maisie Dobbs is at a crossroads in her career and personal life at the same time she is investigating a baffling case.

Why I Read It:
I have been a fan of the Maisie Dobbs series from the first book and am constantly on the lookout for the next in this wonderful series.

The Book:
The setting of London between the two world wars is a big part of my attraction to this series. It is a time of change for so many reasons. The economic issues, the changing role of women, the treatment of veterans and immigrants, the beginnings of signs of trouble to come in Germany are all parts of the world of Maisie Dobbs.

Maisie can drive me nuts at times and I usually find myself siding with her long time friend Priscilla when she sometimes not so gently gives Maisie a piece of her mind.

The murder case is at times the secondary story in this book because as much as Maisie’s circumstances have changed over the past few books, she is still facing major changes. Some of these are of her own doing and others are not. There are holdovers of storylines from the previous book and while I highly recommend this series, I do not recommend starting with this one or approaching it as a standalone.

Maisie has come a long way in ten books and where she’s headed now, only Jacqueline Winspear knows. I’ll be looking forward to finding out,

4 stars Rating 4/5

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP