THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update March 10, 2013

>> Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
It’s been one of those weeks. I haven’t finished a book since we got home from vacaion.

I did set aside Wolf Hall because although it’s good it’s just not something that I’m wrapped up in at the moment. I’ll get back to it later. Perhaps in sections between other books.

I did start Envy the Night by Michael Koryta. It’s very good (as are all of his books in my opinion). This one is actually his first stand alone thriller after his Lincoln Perry series. It doesn’t have the supernatural elements of some of his books but it’s a story of a man both wanting to escape the past and seek revenge for it.

On Audio I’m enjoying spending time Amelia Peabody and her family. I had some good listening time this week because I was able to get outside for some exercise and listened while I was out and about. This is one of my favorite audio series and I love Barbara Rosenblat’s narration.

I haven’t picked up a new graphic novel yet. I’m making myself write the reviews for the two I’ve recently finished before I start another one.

I did start the next book for the Little House Read-Along. Little House on the Prairie is my current read while walking on the treadmill book,

Other than books and reading:

Nice day for a long walk
The weather has been typical spring. A beautiful day followed by one with rain showers. Lucky for me the pretty days coincided with the days I needed to get out for some exercise.


It was nice to say ‘no thanks not today’ to the treadmill.
Neighborhood path

Yesterday I headed out just for a stroll in and around the neighborhood. It was too pretty a day to stay inside.

Neighborhood path
I’ve been busy at work and with just general stuff to do so this week was pretty ordinary. I like ordinary though.

This however, is not ordinary
video


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Bonnie 3/10/2013 11:17 AM  

Love that walking bridge, nice places to walk. I've been on the fence about reading Wolf Hall but haven't picked it up yet.

Bryan 3/10/2013 12:24 PM  

I don't think I could read on a treadmill. I'm more of a music listener on the treadmill. I need the music to keep me going, I guess.

SuziQoregon 3/12/2013 7:36 PM  

Bonnie: the local parks & rec district has done a great job with the greenspaces in our neighborhood. Lots of different types of walking paths and parks.

Bryan: it takes some practice to read on the treadmill. The Nook simple touch is perfect for it because I can read one handed with it.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP