THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update March 17, 2013

>> Sunday, March 17, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I actually finished some books this week. I finished Envy the Night by Michael Koryta. It doesn't have the supernatural elements of some of his standalones and is more of a straight up crime fiction type of suspense thriller. I really enjoyed it but I also admit that I’m predisposed to like anything he writes.

Last night I started The Silver Linings Playbook by Michael Quick. I haven’t seen the movie and wanted to read the book first. I've just barely started it but I’m enjoying it already. My only complaint is that the library copy I got is the movie tie-in cover. I hate movie tie-in covers. I don’t like images from the movies to interfere with my brain creating images based on what the author tells me. I’ll get over it. I just had to publicly pout for a minute.

Yesterday I had a road trip for a get together with some friends so I had a lot of audiobook time. I finished listening to The Falcon at the Portal by Elizabeth Peters. This is such a fun series. I highly recommend the audio versions to just about anyone. It’s light historical fiction set in Victorian era Egypt and England. Amelia Peabody and her family are such great characters and Barbara Roseblat performs all of them wonderfully. (they do need to be read in order).

My new audiobook is Year Zero by Rob Reid and narrated by John Hodgman. It starts out with aliens visiting a New York copyright lawyer to navigate the world of music rights. I've heard that this one is a bit of a wild ride and from the first hour or so I can tell I’m in for an interesting listen.

I finally got caught up on writing my graphic novel reviews so I can give myself permission to start another one. I think I’m going to re-read Saga though before I have to take it back to the library. I've got the 4th book in the Fables series on my shelf for my next graphic novel after that.

Other than books and reading:

I got my first order from Postalpix yesterday and I have to say I’m pleased. It’s a reasonably priced way to get prints of phone and Instagram photos. Now that I’m taking so many photos that way I want to be able to display some of my favorites without spending a fortune.


I’m going to get a handful of 5x7 and 5x5 frames to put up on some shelves we have and rotate what photos I have out. I got 16 prints for $19 (including shipping) and I’m quite pleased with the quality.

As mentioned I had a road trip yesterday. The weather was a little bit of everything but on the way home the mix of showers, clearing and time of day meant lots of rainbows. No pot of gold though.

While I was gone yesterday The Hubster revived the cats’ favorite scratching post. They had pretty much shredded this one in less than a year and we hated to toss it out and buy a whole new one. It wasn't easy to find but he managed to hunt down a source where he could buy the woven sisal fabric and he replaced the fabric yesterday for a lot less than a new scratching post would have cost and without having to dispose of an old one.


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Bryan G. 3/17/2013 5:04 PM  

Um, yeah, but you didn't see the movie...so why should it interfere, yo? :)

Also that reminded me that the movie was at our local theater this weekend. Next showing tonight at 9:30. I'll try to get my wife awake by then (taking a short nap, usually works late shift, off tonight, so sleeps at different times). Thanks for the reminder. Really. Hopefully we can go see it.

Beth F 3/18/2013 4:15 AM  

Mr. BFR keeps tell me to get prints of my photos. Even though I'm 4.5 years into Wordless Wednesday now a phone camera addict, I don't have any prints of my photos in the house. I'll check into the service you used.

SuziQoregon 3/19/2013 8:43 PM  

Bryan: it's the photos from the movie on the tie-in editions. Can't help but let that give me impressions of how the characters look and sound before I ever meet them in the story. I'm easily annoyed ;-)

Beth F: I have to say I'm impressed with Postal Pix. I found a sale on frames and I'm looking forward to changing out the photos periodically.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP