THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update March 24, 2013

>> Sunday, March 24, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I’m still reading The Silver Linings Playbook by Michael Quick. I’ll probably finish I today. I haven’t seen the movie and wanted to read the book first. I’m really enjoying the book and even though I already know the movie is different, I’m looking forward to seeing it once we make it to the top o fhte holds list at the library.

My current audiobook is Year Zero by Rob Reid and narrated by John Hodgman. I’m enjoying the heck out of this one It starts out with aliens visiting a New York copyright lawyer to navigate the world of music rights and only gets crazier from there.

I haven’t started a new graphic novel yet but probably will once I finish reading The Silver Linings Playbook. I also need to read Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder so that I can move on to the April book for the Little House Read Along.

Other than books and reading:

Last week I mentioned that I’d received my first order from Postal Pix of prints of my phone and Instagram photos.

Postal Pix on wall
I found a greata deal on frames and put a few up in our family room. I’m pleased with the results and will periodically swap out the photos I have on display.

This is what we’re up to today. The Hubster is running the 5k and I’m doing it with a mix of running and walking .
Hop Hop Half and 5k

I’m just looking forward to the mimosa after the race. It’s all about the rewards. Besides, the race shirts are too cute.
HHop Hop Half and 5k Shirts


Our neighbor’s plum tree is finally in bloom. I am amazed at how thick the blossoms are on this tree in the spring.
Plum Blossoms

And Abby is still a mess . . .
Abby


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

5 comments:

Bryan G. 3/24/2013 7:30 AM  

We recently saw Silver Linings Playbook and really enjoyed it, so I'll be interested in seeing your review of the book.

Amy 3/24/2013 10:27 AM  

aw yay I'm so glad you're enjoying SLP I really loved that book!

Beth F 3/25/2013 3:00 AM  

Wow! We still have snow and the apple tree is barely showing the tiniest of buds.

Charlie (The Worm Hole) 3/25/2013 5:47 AM  

Copyrights for music are important for aliens in (what I'm assuming is) their first year on earth? Sounds bizarre but very fun. Love the setup of your photos, the layout is nice and you've arranged them well, colour-wise. Hope you and your husband did well in the 5k!

SuziQoregon 3/28/2013 9:09 PM  

Bryan: We're on the hold list at the library for the movie - it'll be a while before we get it. I really enjoyed the book.

Amy: I'm not sure how I missed this one but I'm glad the Academy Awards buzz got me to read it.

Beth F: some years we've had blossoms like this in late February. I think Spring is late all over the country this year.

Charlie: It's a fun audio. I have a feeling it's one of those books that might be better in audio format than in print. And thanks - I'm very happy with the photos.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP