THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update March 31, 2013

>> Saturday, March 30, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading The Silver Linings Playbook. I liked it a lot. I’m looking forward to seeing the movie when we finally make it to the top of the library holds list. I know the movie differs from the book and I’m curious to find out in what ways.

I started reading A Murder at Rosamund’s Gate by Susanna Calkins. It’s the first in a planned series of mysteries set in later 1600’s London. The main character is a maidservant. It’s a bit slow so far, but the story is progressing. I’m intrigued but not necessarily in love with it at this point so I’ll have to see how the remaining two-thirds go.

I also started reading Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The Little House Read Along is skipping that book and going straight to On the Banks of Plum Creek for the April book but I can’t re-read the series without reading about Almanzo’s childhood.

On audio I’m still listening to Year Zero by Rob Reid and narrated by John Hodgman. I think I’m about halfway through but I’m not sure. It’s harder for me to gauge progress in a downloaded audio book than in one I rip from cds. This one is all kinds of wacky but fun. Aliens attempting to negotiate music rights because human music is the most blissful art form they know. Or they might just destroy Earth instead. Hodgman is excellent as the narrator of this one.

As for a graphic novel, I’m re-reading Saga before I have to return it to the library because it’s just that good.

Other than books and reading:

Last Sunday we ran the 5k portion of the Hop Hop Half and 5k. It was a chilly but dry morning on a mostly flat and nice course. It was mostly bike path along the Columbia River near the airport.

Sunrise
Sunrise at the Hop Hop 5k

Pretty sunrise as we arrived and a nice view both directions on the course.

Hop Hop 5k mimosas

After the race they gave us mimosas in commemorative champagne flutes (glass even, not plastic). When we were choosing a glass and saying something along the lines of “I’ll take this one because it’s got more in it.” The volunteer said “You can come back and get refills”. Well, Alrighty then.

Run Oregon Easter Bunny
Post Race Egg Decorating
The Easter theme continued with post race egg decorating and an appearance by the Easter Bunny. We’ll be watching for this race next year. We know we got lucky with the weather. It could have been wet and/or very windy. Even if the weather isn’t as good next time, it’s a nice course and mostly flat which is hard to do in the Portland area.

Spring seems to be finally happening around here. I’m glad.

Plum tree

I even caught the Easter Bunny out for a practice run while I was out walking the other day.

Easter Bunny?

My flowering cherry tree in the front yard is looking pretty good this year.
Flowering Weeping Cherry tree

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP