THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update April 7, 2013

>> Sunday, April 7, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading A Murder at Rosamund’s Gate by Susanna Calkins. It’s the first in a planned series of mysteries set in later 1600’s London with a maidservant as the main character. I’ll admit it was just kind of an OK book for me. I probably won’t bother with future books in the series.

I started reading Blessed are Those Who Thirst by Anne Holt. It's the second in a mystery series featuring a female detective in Oslo. The first book in this series to be translated and released here was actually the eighth in the series. Since then they've released the first two.

I’m also still reading Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I plan on finishing that up this week. The Little House Read Along is skipping Farmer Boy and going straight to On the Banks of Plum Creek for the April book so I need to read both of them this month.

On audio I’m still listening to Year Zero by Rob Reid and narrated by John Hodgman. I’m in the second half of it but haven’t had much listening time this week other than in the car. It’s a fun book with some wacky aliens and fun satire.

I haven’t picked up a new graphic novel yet. I still want to re-read Saga before I have to take it back to the library and I’ve got a couple of others out from the library.

This week’s schedule looks like I’ll have some good chunks of reading time so I hope to finish up some of these.

Other than books and reading:

We lucked out last weekend. We’d planned to go to the zoo last Sunday because we figured it might not be too crowded on Easter. The weather turned out to be downright perfect for a day at the zoo.

Rose-Tu and Lily
Rose-Tu and Lily
We got to see the 4 month old elephant calf Lily and her mom Rose-Tu. Lily is just adorable.
She runs a lot and when she’s near her mom Rose-Tu gently nudges her with a foot or her trunk to keep Lily from getting in the way or into trouble.


The hippo was happy to have a warm sunny day.
Happy Hippo
Happy Hippo



Give a dwarf mongoose an Easter Egg and it’ll know exactly what to do.
Dwarf mongoose
Dwarf mongoose



Our first reaction to this was "Where are the Weasleys?"
Welcome to the Burrow
Add caption


We've got another 5k race this morning. The weather looks pretty awful but it’s close to home and in support of our local middle school. At least we’ll get home quickly after the race.

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP