THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Touring my TBR Spreadsheet and Shelves – Random Treasures

>> Friday, May 24, 2013


Touring my TBR Spreadsheet and Shelves


Again this month I'm sharing some of the random treasures on my bookshelves.

The Hubster's grandmother graduated from the University of Oregon in 1925 and we have the yearbooks from the five years she was there (1920-1925).

(as always click on the photos to see a larger version and then return to this post with your browser's back button)

University of Oregon Yearbooks 1920-1925


University of Oregon Yearbooks for 1920 through 1925
University of Oregon Yearbooks 1920-1925


I't's just fun to leaf through these and see the photos of life on campus in those years.

Around campus 1925


This is The Hubster's Grandmother in her Senior Portrait in 1925.
The Hubster's Grandmother

In 1920 the Oregon Football team made it to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena and played Harvard. They lost but were still proud of the way they played.
1920 Rose Bowl

I think it's interesting that it's referred to as "The Harvard Game" instead of "The Rose Bowl" in the yearbook.

1920 Rose Bowl


I love looking through these and it's interesting to see how many women were attending the University of Oregon in the early 19820's.

Unversity of Oregon 1920 Yearbook


What lost random treasures are on your bookshelves?

2 comments:

Beth F 5/25/2013 5:40 AM  

How cool! I love the football game photo and the clothing of the women. No flapper styles, though some bobbed hair.

SuziQoregon 6/06/2013 9:39 PM  

Beth F: thanks - I think it's pretty cool that his grandmother went to U of O and also that we have all her yearbooks.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP