THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update May 26, 2013

>> Sunday, May 26, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:

I’m still reading Life After Life by Kate Atkinson. It’s been a week of very little reading time but I’m hoping to remedy that tomorrow so I can finish. I admit to being a bit wary of this one because I wasn’t much of a fan of a couple of Atkinson’s early books. I’m happy to say that I’ve really enjoyed the first two-thirds that I’ve read so far. I’m happy to have found my way past my Kate Atkinson block.

I haven’t started the next book in for the Little House Readalong but I’ll be reading By the Shores of Silver Lake soon.

On audio I finished listening to He Shall Thunder in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters. This has been my favorite book in the Amelia Peabody series so far. Beth Fish Reads and I tried to coordinate our listening of this one but with travel for each of us interfering it didn’t work out for us to put together a joint review. Maybe we’ll do that for the next one in the series

I started a new audiobook yesterday. I’m returning to the Walt Longmire series by Craig Johnson. I started the third book in the series Kindness Goes Unpunished narrated by George Guidall.

Once I finish Life after Life I want to get back to the fourth book in the Fables series by Bill Willingham, The March of the Wooden Soldiers. I started it before I went away last weekend and I’m looking forward to getting back to it.

Other than books and reading:
I was in the mountains of North Georgia last weekend for a getaway with some girlfriends. We had a great time and despite the rainy weather we had fun.

Yesterday we took advantage of the Memorial Day Winery events. We visited a few wineries that have been favorites of ours for years.

Matello Winery




Matello Winery

Remy Wines

Today we’re off to Seattle for the day. We’re headed to Safeco Field for a baseball game with some friends


And this?  . . . this is just pathetic.
Abby


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Vasilly 5/26/2013 7:46 AM  

Oh so much to read! I love Fables and March of the Wooden Soldiers is such a good book. I hope you like it. Enjoy your day!

Les 5/26/2013 2:11 PM  

How nice to be able to do so many fun things in your area! I love wine and baseball! :)

Bookfool 6/01/2013 9:00 AM  

It's floofy!

I agree with Les. Envious of your local fun.

SuziQoregon 6/18/2013 7:51 PM  

Vasilly: I think March of the Wooden Soldiers was my favorite Fables so far. I liked getting the history through Boy Blue's story of them leaving the Homelands.

Les: Yeah - we're lucky to have a lot of fun stuff to do within a reasonable drive.

Bookfool: LOLOL "Floofy" is perfect!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP