THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Updarte June 29, 2013

>> Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading Loyalty by Ingrid Thoft. This was an impressive debut (review coming next week) and I enjoyed it a lot. It’s about a Boston private investigator who does most of her work for her family’s law firm and it was both suspenseful and a lot of fun.

Since finishing Loyalty I’ve been focusing my reading on catching up with where I need to be in Under the Dome by Stephen King for the readalong. I’m recording the TV series. I know the TV show is not the same as the book. In fact there’s a great letter on Stephen King’s website that clearly shows his support for a TV show that took the ideas of his book and made a different version of it for a different media. This actually makes me look forward to watching the show after I finish the book.

As for graphic novels, I read the second volume of Saga by Brian K. Vaughan (who also worked on the Under the Dome TV series). I totally loved the first volume of Saga and the second doesn’t disappoint one bit. I’m going to try to get The Hubster to read this series. He’s been enjoying reading the Fables series along with me so I think he’ll like this graphic series too.

On audio I finished listening to Death of a Cad by M.C. Beaton. It’s the second in the Constable Hamish Macbeth series. It takes place in the Scottish Highlands. It was fun and I liked the second book quite a bit.

My new audiobook is Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell. It’s narrated by Xe Sands. This is the first in a cozy/paranormal mystery series in which the main character is a witch who runs a vintage clothing shop in San Francisco.

Other than books and reading:
After some cool and wet weather we’ve got summer with a vengeance for the next several days.

Today we’re headed to North Portland for the North American Organic Brewers Festival.


We first went to this brew festival a couple of years ago. We liked it so much we went back last year with some friends. We’ve been looking forward to this year’s event ever since.

It’s going to be warm there today but it’ll be fun.

Browsing my phone photos from this week:

I just love this picture I got of Abby this week. It still makes me laugh every time I look at it.

Abby


  This bird sat on the gutter the whole time I was on the treadmill one afternoon. It drove Abby nuts. I laughed.
bird taunting Abby

Finally, a couple from one of my walks this week.
cool clouds


unknown red flower
Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Eleanor 6/29/2013 2:44 PM  

I always feel like I am borrowing your life when I read your weekly. :-)

Jennifer Hartling 6/30/2013 7:10 AM  

I watched the first episode of Under the Dome. I like what they have done with it so far. Yep, it's different from the book but in good ways I think. :)

Bryan G. 7/01/2013 11:55 AM  

So what do you think of Under The Dome so far? Just wondering...I won't see it until it comes out on Netflix, but was curious what you thought.

SuziQoregon 7/02/2013 8:48 PM  

Eleanor: LOL it's kind of boring some weeks.

Jennifer: good to know. I kind of re-framed my expectations after reading that article from Stephen King. Going in knowing it's not supposed to be a re-relling of the book is good.

Bryan: I'm enjoying the book a lot. I won't start watching the TV show until I'm done with the book so I don't have any opinion about that yet.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP