THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update June 16, 2013

>> Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I’m still reading Under the Dome by Stephen King. I’m close to being where I need to be to keep up with the Readalong. I’m enjoying this one. The cast of usual suspects is there for King and in some ways the characters have me trying to match them up with characters from The Stand and a few other King stories. It’s been fun to return to reading King after a long break.

I did finish By the Shores of Silver Lake by Laura Ingalls Wilder for the Little House Readalong. I’m not sure the readalong is still a thing but I’m continuing with the series. I checked out The Long Winter from the library and it’ll be my next treadmill book.

I haven’t picked up a new graphic novel yet. I’ve got several out from the library and need to get to them before they’re due.

On audio I finished listening to Kindness Goes Unpunished by Craig Johnson. It’s the third in the Walt Longmire series and I really enjoyed it. We’ve started watching the first season of the TV series based on these books. We’re only two episodes in but it’s very good and well done. It’s true to the characters in the book without being a direct rehash of the books.

Last week The Hubster and listened to most of To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. We’ll be finishing that up this on this weekend’s driving time. It’s read by Sissy Spacek and they could not have found a better narrator for this book. She is absolutely perfect as the voice of Scout. This is the second time I’ve re-experienced this book since high school and I’m once again amazed at how good it is.

Other than books and reading:
We’re off on another weekend getaway. All seven cousins on my Mom’s side of the family are getting together for the first time in many many years. We’re in South Lake Tahoe for the weekend and I’ll hopefully have photos to share next weekend.

In the meantime here are a few photos from this past week.

I really enjoy my morning walks on the Bear Creek Trail when we're in Southern Oregon

Bear Creek Greenway


I've always had a thing for noticing interesting shadows created by nature.

Shadows on the Bear Creek Trail


And then when I got home I had my "office assistant" who loves the printer. As soon as she hears the first click she comes running from wherever she is in the house.
Abby and the printer

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Jennifer @ The Relentless Reader 6/16/2013 3:36 PM  

I'm glad you're enjoying Under the Dome. I found myself making comparisons to his earlier books too :)

I love that you listen to books with your husband. And Mockingbird? Swoon!

Have a great week!

Beth F 6/17/2013 6:11 AM  

I love looking at shadows too! You've had some great long weekends lately.

Bryan G. Robinson 6/17/2013 8:11 AM  

I should have kept going with the Little House series but just gave up after the readalong seemed to fall apart. I think the organizer was in the process of moving, so not blaming her...just a matter of timing, I guess. :( But I'm glad you're still enjoying them.

Les 6/18/2013 5:30 PM  

I'm still reading Under the Dome, too. Didn't read all week, so I still have a long way to go. I think I'm on Part 15 Chapter 4. I doubt I'll finish before the end of the month!

Kailana 6/23/2013 6:26 AM  

I can't believe how behind I am with graphic novels. I have two The Unwritten to read and I sort of forgot about Y: The Last Man. It's so weird! For a while there I was basically only reading graphic novels and now I am not reading them at all! And now Saga Volume 2 is on its way to me... I need to get back to it!

SuziQoregon 6/25/2013 8:57 PM  

Jennifer: We really like to listen to audiobooks on our road trips.

BethF: I have - it's been a busy but fun few weeks of travel for me.

Bryan: Yeah - I think Lisa had some family stuff come up. I'm enjoying finishing out the series though.

Les: I didn't read much of Under the Dome last week but I'm hoping to catch up this week.

Kailana: I have several Graphic Novels out from the library right now. I'm trying to alternate them with other books.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP