THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update June 23, 2013

>> Sunday, June 23, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I started reading Loyalty by Ingrid Thoft. This is so good! I hope to finish it today. It’s about a female private investigator from Boston. Most of her work is for her family’s legal firm but this time around the case is not about one of their clients it’s about her own family. Fina Ludlow is one of the best new characters I’ve met recently. I think the author’s dedication to creating believable stories and characters is clear from her biography from her website

INGRID THOFT was born in Boston and is a graduate of Wellesley College. Her interest in the PI life and her desire to create a believable PI character led her to the certificate program in private investigation at the University of Washington. She lives in Seattle with her husband. Loyalty is her first novel.
I haven’t read much in Under the Dome by Stephen King this week. After I finish Loyalty I’ll get back to it and try to catch up to where I should be to keep up with the Readalong. I’ve set the DVR to record the TV series which starts tomorrow. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Brian K. Vaughan who writes two of my favorite Graphic Novel series (Y: The Last Man and Saga) was involved in the development of this for TV.

Speaking of graphic novels and Saga in particular, I’m reading the second volume of that series and it’s just as wonderful as the first. I managed to get an electronic edition and I must say that I like reading graphic novels on my ipad. I can zoom in and move around to look at the detail of the illustrations and in the case of Saga that’s nice. The artwork in that series is just excellent..

On audio I’m listening to Death of a Cad by M.C. Beaton. This is the second it the Constable Hamish Macbeth series set in a small town in the Scottish Highlands. It’s been fun. I’m enjoying the second one better than the first.


Other than books and reading:
We were in South Lake Tahoe last weekend. It was a get together of all seven cousins on my Mom’s side of the family. It’s been many many years since we were all together and we had a great weekend.

The scenery was simply beautiful and The Hubster and I are already making plans for a return trip to that area. One of the highlights was the gondola ride up Heavenly Mountain. It was a gorgeous clear day and the view was simply stunning.

This is a minute and a half of the ride down the mountain




A couple of other photos from the weekend:


The view from the downstairs deck at the house we rented

South Lake Tahoe


From the observation deck partway up the gondola ride
Observation Deck Heavenly Gondola South Lake Tahoe

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jennifer @ The Relentless Reader 6/23/2013 6:05 PM  

The gondola ride looks awesome and scary all at once. I'm not a fan of heights ;)

I'm super excited to watch Under the Dome tomorrow night, hooray!

SuziQoregon 6/25/2013 9:06 PM  

Jennifer: The gondola was very cool. I'll be recording Under the Dome and we'll start watching it once I'm done with the book.

Bookfool 6/26/2013 5:55 PM  

Loved the gondola video. I felt like saying "Wheeee!" Ahem.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP