THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update July 21, 2013

>> Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell. I loved this charming heartbreaking yet heartwarming story of a couple of high school misfits finding love in 1986 Nebraska.

On audio I finished listening to Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell and narrated by Xe Sands. I enjoyed this cozy mystery about a witch who owns a vintage clothing shop in San Francisco.

My new audio is Another Man’s Moccasins by Craig Johnson and narrated by George Guidall. It’s the fourth book in the Walt Longmire series which I am thoroughly enjoying on audio.

I started a new graphic novel. I’m reading the second volume of Stumptown by Greg Rucka and Matthew Southworlth. It’s about a female private investigator and set in Portland. It’s also got a series of essays by Rucka about the Private Investigator Genre which I’m enjoying as much as the story itself.

Other than books and reading:
Last weekend was our annual family BBQ that we call The Meatfest.

4 grills, a smoker and a griddle
4 grills, a smoker and a griddle
It was a lot of fun and as always way too much food.

Way too much food
Way too much food
My Sister-in-law's dog cracks me up. They have a dog feature in their water feature.

Chewy likes the fountain
Chewy likes the fountain


I had a good photo week this week:

My Trader Joe's Flowers this week
My Trader Joe's Flowers this week


Transit Center Fence
Transit Center Fence


Old reflected in the new
Old reflected in the new


And then there's these two . . . just pathetic . . .
Abby and Howe on the convertible
Abby and Howe on the convertible

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Bryan G. 7/21/2013 10:09 AM  

I have a Rucka on my shelf right now. I "need to" read him, I guess, huh? It's called Alpha...I think I got it from donated books at the library. Have you read it and if so, is that a good place to start with him?

Jennifer Hartling 7/21/2013 7:26 PM  

Look at those pathetic, yet adorable, cats! Lazy bums :D

SuziQoregon 8/13/2013 9:36 PM  

Bryan: Rucka does both Graphic Novels and traditional print novels. I need to seek out more of his stuff myself.

Jennifer: That's a perfect description - pathetic yet adorable. It's what keeps them alive.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP