THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update July 7, 2013

>> Sunday, July 7, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
The only thing I’ve been reading this week is Under the Dome. I’m about 75% of the way through and enjoying it a lot. I hope to get a decent chunk of reading time this afternoon. I don’t plan on reading anything else until I finish this. Things are getting quite interesting at this point.

On audio I’m still listening to Secondhand Spirits by Juliet Blackwell. It’s narrated by Xe Sands. This cozy mystery series features a woman who runs a vintage clothing shop in the Haight Ashbury district of San Francisco. Oh and she’s a witch. It’s a lot of fun so far..

Other than books and reading:
Our heat wave last week was pretty miserable but it finally cooled down and the humidity levels returned to normal. It’s nice to be able to enjoy being outside again.

It’s been a busy week. We went to the North American Organic Brewers Festival last Saturday and had a great time despite the heat and enjoyed some good beers.


I think “I’d Like to Buy the World a Kölsch” from Old Town Brewing was the best beer name at the festival. It was also an excellent beer!

It was a weird week with the holiday on Thursday. I worked on Friday but from home so it’s kind of felt like a short vacation with a day of being logged into work inserted in the middle of it.

We didn’t do much on the Fourth. I went for a 10 mile walk in the morning and The Hubster ran a half marathon race. We relaxed and just enjoyed doing nothing much for the rest of the day.
On my walk

Last time I walked this route the trees hadn’t been fully leafed out yet. I had to duck in several spots but the shade was a nice thing on a sunny morning.

Yesterday we had our family Fourth of July Barbecue at my Sister-in-law’s house out in the country. It was a nice day to relax and enjoy being with family and friends.

Browsing the phone photos since last week:
This is where Howie and Abby hang out when it’s hot. They consider the convertible they’re own personal kitty hammock.
Howie and Abby

All the birds seem to care about this year is the sunflower seed feeder. Last year I couldn’t keep the thistle feeders full, this year they seem to be all about the sunflower seeds.
Chickadee and Goldfinch

So nice to see these blooming all along my walking routes this time of year.

Daisies

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Bryan G. 7/07/2013 9:46 AM  

I'm feeling the same kind of day as Abby and Howie are having. :)

Jennifer Hartling 7/07/2013 7:22 PM  

Mmmmm beer :) Nothing better on a hot day!

Speaking of heat, it seems to have reached my area. It's been in the 90's for the last few days. No thank you, I'll take fall weather anytime please :)

Sounds like you had a great weekend, I hope your week is as good!

Trish 7/09/2013 5:56 AM  

The picture of the kitties is priceless! I think that they sum up how I feel. We must have switched weather this week--last week we were cooler by about 15 degrees and this week I'm melting. Literally counting down the days until September!

Can't wait to hear what you think of Under the Dome!

SuziQoregon 7/18/2013 8:59 PM  

Bryan: LOLOL - you crack me up. Hope you enjoyed your day of catdom.

Jennifer: exactly!

Trish: they're so funny. They love sleeping on top of the convertible (whether or not the car cover is on it).

Les 7/19/2013 7:15 PM  

I can't get over your long walks! I'm good for about 5 miles in this heat.

SuziQoregon 8/06/2013 9:33 PM  

Les: well we rarely have the heat you do.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP