THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Bout of Books 8.0 Wrap-Up

>> Monday, August 26, 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 ended last night. It was my first time to participate.


Let's start off this wrap up by saying that I've put the next Bout of Books (January 6-12, 2014) on my calendar and warned The Hubster that I'll be busy reading again that week.

This was such a fun week. It was a low-stress readathon and that's what I liked about it. I never felt like I needed to stop doing everything else to just read but I felt encouraged to maximize and make more time for reading than I normally do. Obviously I worked full time all week so that limited my reading time but I managed to get a lot of reading hours in over the weekend.

These Were My Goals:
  • Reading time: 2 hours a day total reading/listening time Monday - Thursday, 3 hours Friday and as much as I want on Saturday and Sunday
  • Read 4 books after I finish my current book (typically 2 books a week is a good week for me)
  • Participate in at least one Bout of Books Tweet Chat
  • Participate in one Bout of Books challenge
  • Comment on 5 new to me blogs every day from the participants lists
  • Weather permitting take a long walk on Saturday morning for some extended Audiobook time

I met or exceeded my reading goals every day.

I finished 5 books during the week and got started with two more.

I participated in two of the Tweet Chats.

I participated in two of the daily challenges.

I didn't hit my daily commenting goal but I managed to visit a lot of new to me blogs and get to know some new bloggers during the week. I plan to use the link pages from the Bout of Books blog to continue to visit participants blogs in the coming week.

The books I finished this week are:
  • She Got Up Off the Couch by Haven Kimmel
  • Fables 5: The Mean Seasons by Bill Willingham
  • The Lost Ones by Ace Atkins
  • The Unremarkable Heart & Other Stories by Karin Slaughter
  • Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder

I also started these two books:
  • Killer Ambition by Marcia Clark
  • Lord of the Silent by Elizabeth Peters
All in all it was a great week of reading and talking about books with a great bunch of bloggers. I will definitely be looking forward to Bout of Books 9.0 in January. I hope you'll join me!

Now the follow up work begins. I had been caught up with review writing but I now have to write reviews for the books I read this week (plus one more). Lucky for me there's a new and quite appropriate challenge starting tomorrow. I will most definitely be participating in The Monster Review-a-thon hosted by The Book Monsters. (more about that tomorrow).


2 comments:

Charleen @ Cheap Thrills 8/26/2013 3:12 PM  

Five a day was my commenting goal in my first Bout of Books, and by the end of the week I was SO burned out! Especially when so many people keep their updates at the bare minimum (maximizing reading time, I suppose) it's just hard to find anything to say, without resorting to generic cheerleading comments... which I think I started doing toward the end of the week, but what I really wanted to was to make new connections, and that just wasn't happening. This time I took a more casual approach to the whole socializing thing.

SuziQoregon 9/17/2013 9:10 PM  

Carleen: I agree - Five a day proved to be too much of a goal. I like your approach much better and will go that route for the next Bout of Books in January.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP