>> Monday, August 26, 2013
Bout of Books 8.0 ended last night. It was my first time to participate.
Let's start off this wrap up by saying that I've put the next Bout of Books (January 6-12, 2014) on my calendar and warned The Hubster that I'll be busy reading again that week.
This was such a fun week. It was a low-stress readathon and that's what I liked about it. I never felt like I needed to stop doing everything else to just read but I felt encouraged to maximize and make more time for reading than I normally do. Obviously I worked full time all week so that limited my reading time but I managed to get a lot of reading hours in over the weekend.
These Were My Goals:
- Reading time: 2 hours a day total reading/listening time Monday - Thursday, 3 hours Friday and as much as I want on Saturday and Sunday
- Read 4 books after I finish my current book (typically 2 books a week is a good week for me)
- Participate in at least one Bout of Books Tweet Chat
- Participate in one Bout of Books challenge
- Comment on 5 new to me blogs every day from the participants lists
- Weather permitting take a long walk on Saturday morning for some extended Audiobook time
I met or exceeded my reading goals every day.
I finished 5 books during the week and got started with two more.
I participated in two of the Tweet Chats.
I participated in two of the daily challenges.
I didn't hit my daily commenting goal but I managed to visit a lot of new to me blogs and get to know some new bloggers during the week. I plan to use the link pages from the Bout of Books blog to continue to visit participants blogs in the coming week.
The books I finished this week are:
- She Got Up Off the Couch by Haven Kimmel
- Fables 5: The Mean Seasons by Bill Willingham
- The Lost Ones by Ace Atkins
- The Unremarkable Heart & Other Stories by Karin Slaughter
- Little Town on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder
I also started these two books:
- Killer Ambition by Marcia Clark
- Lord of the Silent by Elizabeth Peters
Now the follow up work begins. I had been caught up with review writing but I now have to write reviews for the books I read this week (plus one more). Lucky for me there's a new and quite appropriate challenge starting tomorrow. I will most definitely be participating in The Monster Review-a-thon hosted by The Book Monsters. (more about that tomorrow).