THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update August 25, 2013

>> Sunday, August 25, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
This week has been a great reading week. I've been participating in my first Bout of Books Readathon. It’s been a great excuse to choose to read instead of (insert anything I really didn't want to do).

I finished She Got Up Off the Couch by Haven Kimmel. I really enjoyed this follow up to A Girl Named Zippy.

I read The Lost Ones by Ace Atkins. It’s the second in the Quinn Colson series and I've already got the most recent one n my shelf to read soon.

Both of those are titles I can use for the What’s in a Name Challenge. I needed a book with Up or Down in the title and also one with Lost or Found. I only have one more book to read for that challenge: something with a celebration or party in the title.

I started Little Town on the Prairie yesterday and I’ll probably finish it today. Today is the last day of Bout of Books so I’m still in the maximizing my reading time mode.

I finished the 5th book in the Fables series, The Mean Seasons. I liked getting some of the background story of Bigby Wolf in this one but it’s clearly a transitional book in the series and setting up for the next story arc. I’ve got the next one out from the library and want to get to it soon.

On audio I finished listening to The Unremarkable Heart and Other stories by Karin Slaughter. It’s a collection of short stories narrated by Shannon Cochran. I hadn't listened to her before but I liked her narration. The stories were interesting and varied. As to be expected from Karin Slaughter some of them were quite disturbing.

My new audiobook is Lord of the Silent by Elizabeth Peters and narrated by Barbara Rosenblat. I’m already enjoying being back with Amelia Peabody and her family. Amelia already made me laugh out loud in the first CD.

I am a firm believer in psychology when it agrees with my own opinions.

Other than books and reading:

As I said it’s been Bout of Books week so I’ve been maximizing my reading time.

Taking a look at my phone photos from this week:
Early morning sky

The sunrises have been just the perfect time for me to see some great early morning skies on my way to work this week.

Moon in the morning
I liked seeing the moon in the morning sky as I headed down our street this week


August sunrise
This was worth pulling over to get out of the car and take a photo.

What’s better than using a catnip banana for a pillow? Using a catnip chili pepper AND a catnip banana for a pillow.
Howie prefers to sleep with a pillow

One of my Photo a Day prompts this week was stairs and I didn’t want a boring old photo of stairs. Abby was a pretty cooperative model.
Abby



Hope you’re having a great weekend!

5 comments:

Jennifer Hartling 8/25/2013 9:51 AM  

Awww, love the kitty pics :D I've never shared pics of my cats..hmmm, I should do that! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Les 8/25/2013 10:56 AM  

I'm hoping to get out on the porch for an hour or two of reading. Wish it weren't so danged hot, though!

Love all your photos, especially the sky shots.

Celine 8/25/2013 12:58 PM  

Awww, those cat pictures are adorable! I love when they use random items as pillows.

Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews

Bookfool 8/28/2013 6:39 PM  

Great pics! Naturally, the kitty photos are my favorites. Where does one get catnip chili peppers and bananas?

SuziQoregon 9/17/2013 9:08 PM  

Jennifer: thanks - she's a pretty cooperative subject.

Les:Thank you - I enjoy taking them.

Celine: Oh thank you. Howie has always preferred sleeping with a pillow.

Bookfool: Petco!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP