THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update August 4, 2013

>> Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading the graphic novel The Drops of God, vol. 2. This is such an interesting series. It’s Japanese Manga so it reads from right to left. I have to read these when I’m not reading anything else because it takes a bit to get into the ‘reading backwards’ mode and switching back and forth between this and traditional left to right English books is more than my brain can handle. I really enjoyed volume 2 of this series and plan to get volume 3 from the library fairly soon.

I read The Long Winter by Laura Ingalls Wilder. The Little House Readalong is what got me started re-reading this series and even though the readalong didn't go as planned I’m continuing with the series and will finish my re-read. It’s been a bit of a weird experience to re-read this series after so many year. It’s part nostalgia with a series I loved as a kid and part seeing it in a different light as an adult and from a very different time and culture.

As for audiobooks, I finished listening to Another Man’s Moccasins by Craig Johnson which was narrated by George Guidall. It’s the fourth book in the Walt Longmire series. I enjoyed this one a lot. I liked the way it told both the story of the present day mystery and also about Walt’s experiences in Vietnam.

My new audiobook is Miss Julia Renews Her Vows by Ann B. Ross. This is narrated by Cynthia Darlow. This series is a light and humorous one and I enjoy them in audio format.


Links I Like:
Yes, this is a new section for my weekend updates. I’m not sure if it will be an every week thing but I’ll use it when it’s appropriate

One of my friends whose book recommendations I have learned to trust has revived her book blog. The Surly Bookseller is one of my all time favorite book blog names and I encourage you to check it out and subscribe.

David Leahy is an amazing photographer and his photos are often of some of my favorite places in the Pacific Northwest. Do yourself a favor and check out his Facebook page David Leahy Photography

Today we plan to go to the zoo to check in on the baby elephant and a few favorite exhibits. Speaking of elephants this photo of her and her older brother is the cutest elephant photo EVER. Go. Look. You’ll say “Awwwww”.


Other than books and reading:
It was a busy week of recovering from being on vacation and getting back into the normal routine.

I had a good photo week this week

These clouds caught my eye. I thought they looked pretty cool.

clouds

Howie and Abby were glad to have us home from vacation but Howie really only cares about his catnip banana.

Howie and Abby
I was very happy with a couple of photos I posted on Instagram this week.

This was for the Photo a Day challenge prompt “Something beginning with N”. I managed to get this photo of a fountain pen nib through the window of a store in the mall that sells pens. I’m still not really sure how I managed it.
beginning with N

This one was for a lines themed Instagram hashtag. It’s the framework of the awning on a building downtown with the awning removed. I had fun playing with filters on this one and liked the final result a lot.
awning framework

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3 comments:

SurlyBookseller,  8/04/2013 12:12 PM  

Thank you for the plug, your encouragement, and for being an inspiration to me. Now... can I borrow your time management skills?

Jennifer Hartling 8/04/2013 6:41 PM  

I have a great feeling about this surly bookseller ;) Thanks for pointing out that blog! Have a great week

SuziQoregon 8/27/2013 8:43 PM  

Surly: no problem! I'm glad to see your blog revived!

Jennifer: Hope you've subscribed!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP