THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update September 29, 2013

>> Sunday, September 29, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading Cross by James Patterson. Yes I read the occasional James Patterson but this one left me annoyed at the ending.

I did start Mortal Bonds by Michael Sears. It’s the second in a series featuring Jason Stafford as a financial investigator. He’s got an autistic six-year old son too. I just love the relationship between Jason and “The Kid” and I’m surprised at how much I enjoy something that could be described as a financial thriller.

On audio I’m still listening to Lord of the Silent by Elizabeth Peters (narrated by Barbara Rosenblat). I’ve got about one and half CDs left to go and I should finish it up this week. I’ve enjoyed this installment of the series and it’s such a good mix of fun adventure, mystery and humor.

I kicked off my October Graphic Novel Reading binge a bit early and read the fifth book in the Y: The Last Man series by Brian K. Vaughan. I’ve got the next one requested from the library already. I picked up a couple of other graphic novels at the library on Friday so my shelf for a binge of them is well stocked at this point.


Other than books and reading:
Last week I mentioned that I tried a new cookie recipe and made Specudoodles! Oh my, they were good. Even Abby was interested. I was working at home on Monday and heard the container of cookies land on the floor and when I went in the kitchen this is what I found.

You’d think we never fed the silly cat. A cat treat got knocked under the fridge and she was determined to get it. All that fat got in the way though.

Sometimes she exhausts Howie. He takes his napping seriously.

Other random phone photos:

Sunrise on Friday made me miss my train and have to take a later one because I had to stop at the transit center and take a picture.

In my kitchen this week




Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Jennifer Hartling 9/29/2013 9:17 AM  

I'm in love with the cat photos :D So cute!

I'm in the market for some new graphic novels. I really like to read them during Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon.

Bookfool 10/05/2013 11:06 AM  

Abby and Howie are awesome. I haven't taken a single photo since River left. I need to do that. I've got to get her off the top of my files.

SuziQoregon 10/23/2013 9:16 PM  

Jennifer: thanks - she's a constant source of amusement around here.

Bookfool: thanks - they're a lot of fun. I'm so sorry about River ;-(

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP