THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update September 8, 2013

>> Sunday, September 8, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading Killer Ambition by Marcia Clark. This series featuring Rachel Knight (an LA District Attorney) continues to be a favorite of mine. This one starts out with the kidnapping of the daughter of a powerful Hollywood director and gets complicated quickly.

I started reading ‘Salem’s Lot by Stephen King. I haven’t read this since I was in High School. It scared the crap out of me back then. I managed to get a special edition from the library which includes an introduction by King and some creepy photographs. It’s also got some additional features at the end including some deleted scenes and a couple of related short stories by King.

On audio I’m still listening to and enjoying Lord of the Silent by Elizabeth Peters. It’s narrated by Barbara Rosenblat and just a ton of fun. Egypt during World War I is an intriguing setting and Amelia Peabody just makes me laugh over and over again. I love the way Peters uses actual events and characters in her stories.

Other than books and reading:
It’s been a busy week and of course it’s football season so yesterday was all bout college football for us. The Oregon Ducks played in Virginia but that didn’t prevent us from having a tailgate party in our friends driveway.

Driveway Tailgating
Driveway Tailgating

The theme was Baconfest 2013
Baconfest 2013
Bacon wrapped dill pickles (yum), bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers (yum) and grilled cheese and bacon on light rye bread (yum some more) had us all stuffed before the game even started.

Browsing phone photos for this past week:

Sunflowers on my kitchen island this week brightened up the place.
sunflower

Our weather was a mix of just a little bit of everything this week.
afternoon clouds

I played with my photo apps on my phone the other day for the Photo a Day prompt of “White” This one of a crumpled sheet of paper turned out pretty cool.
paper

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Beth F 9/09/2013 3:33 AM  

How did I miss your paper on Instagram? What a cool shot. I wonder if Instagram "helpfully" unfollowed me.

SuziQoregon 10/16/2013 7:41 PM  

BethFishReads- oopsy ;-)

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP