THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update October 13, 2013

>> Sunday, October 13, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
It was another less than spectacular reading week for me. I was busy many evenings and also busy enough at work that lunchtimes were short. All of that meant less than optimal reading time for me which makes me cranky.

I did end up starting The Tilted World by Tom Franklin and Beth Ann Fennelly. I've only read the first couple of chapters so far but I’m hooked.

On audio I’m listening to The Golden One by Elizabeth Peters. I don’t often binge read authors or series but I’m planning on continuing and finishing the last few books in the Amelia Peabody series back to back. I just enjoy them so much,

My October Graphic Novel Reading Binge continues.

I’m caught up with the SAGA series by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples and will be waiting for issue #15 to be available.

I plan to read more of the series High Crimes by Christopher Sebela and Ibrahim Moustafa The first issue began near the summit of Mt. Everest and at the end had introduced some characters and situation that have me quite curious about what happens next in this thriller series.

I read the first in the Runaways series by Brian K. Vaughan. He is definitely one of my favorite comic writers. I enjoyed the first one in the series (Pride & Joy) enough that I've picked up the next two in the series from the library already.

I’m partway through the 6th book in the Fables series. I hope to finish Homelands today. The Hubster is in the middle of the 5th book in the series so I need to finish Homelands so I can pass it along to him.

I've got several other graphic novels out from the library and if this week works out to have more reading time than last week I’ll be much less cranky.

Other than books and reading:
Yesterday was all football all day at our house. Oregon played at Washington and we had friends over to watch the game.
I made The Pioneer Woman’s Baked Ziti for lunch and it was delicious. It was also enough for lunch and then again for dinner later. After the Oregon game we just continued to watch football the rest of the afternoon and evening. It was a fun day with good friends, good food and lots of football.

A few random photos from my week:
I headed out to the library earlier this week expecting it to be a dash in and out trip because of the rainy weather but just about the time I got there the sun came out and I ended up taking a nice walk around the neighborhood before I went home.

Sunny day at Beaverton library

I did manage to get some catch up time on my various cataloging tasks.

First the books needed to be added to my Library Thing account and my tracking spreadsheets.

Book stack
Then I had to catch up on logging in several months of wine purchases into that database I keep on my ipod touch so that The Hubster could get them stored away in the ‘wine cellar’ (aka the space under the stairs).
Boxes and bottles of wine

This piece of sidewalk art is in front of a cupcake shop. It just made me smile.
Sidewalk Art at Saint Cupcake


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Les 10/14/2013 6:10 AM  

I've tried several of PW's recipes, but not her Baked Ziti. This is going on the menu for next week! Looks fairly easy (easier than lasagna!) and sound delicious.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on The Tilted World. I really enjoy Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter, so my hopes are set fairly high.

Oooh, I see you have The Whistling Season. Doig is one of those authors I keep meaning to try. My mom sure enjoys his books and this was one of her favorites.

SuziQoregon 12/09/2013 9:03 PM  

Les: I know you've tried the ziti and discovered that it makes enough to feed an army times two. It's good though. I still haven't started The Whistling Season but it's on my radar for 2014.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP