THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update November 10, 2013

>> Sunday, November 10, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
Well it was probably inevitable. A great reading week was followed by a hardly reading week. It was just one of those weeks when every intention of sitting down to read got derailed.

I’m still reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. This really is more like 12 short stories than one novel but I’m enjoying it a lot

On audio I’m on the last CD of The Golden One by Elizabeth Peters. I’ll finish that up this week and move right on to the next in the series. I rarely binge listen or read a series but I’m down to the last few of the series and plan to listen to them back to back.

Other than books and reading:
We had a fun 5k race yesterday at Eola Hills Winery outside of Salem. Since we had the day off from football commitments it seemed like a good idea (until that alarm went off yesterday morning).

Eola Hills Winery
Eola Hills Winery

Actually it was a lot of fun and we lucked out with extremely good weather for November. It didn’t rain and wasn’t too cold (a little foggy and temperatures in the 40’s). The Hubster came in 3rd overall and won his age group. It’s nice when a race medal comes attached to a bottle of wine.
Eola Hills Reserve Pinot Noir
Congratulations to The Hubster!

If the football schedule works out next year we'll do this race again.

I met my goal of finishing under 35 minutes (34:15 was my official time) and got 3rd in my age group. It's rare that we get a race on a course that's this flat so I was pleased with my time.

Best part about a 5k at a winery? The Post Race food.
pizza and wine
"Will Race for Pizza and Wine"

They also has a pretty little garden and koi pond.
Eola Hills Winery

The fish were positive we’d come out there to feed them.

Hungry Koi

And for this week’s Abby Antics:

Some days working from home is a little more challenging than others.

Abby
You can type and hold me at the same time, right?

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP