THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update November 10, 2013

>> Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
Another week of not much reading time but I know what at least part of the problem is and it’s my contacts. My vision has changed enough over the past several months that I finally went to the eye doctor a couple of weeks ago. I should be getting my new contacts this week and that will help. I just have had a difficult time sitting and reading for any length of time because of the eye strain. At least that’s what I’m using for the excuse that it took me until the middle of November to finish my first books of the month.

I finished reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes. I enjoyed this one a lot. It’s really a series of twelve short stories compiled into one volume. It was actually perfect for my short attention span reading lately. I’m glad to have knocked off the one book I committed to for the Sherlock Holmes Reading Challenge and it got me excited about getting back to the series and reading more.

On audio I finished The Golden One by Elizabeth Peters and immediately started the next one in the series called Children of the Storm. It picks up two years after The Golden One. World War I is over and family members absent from the past few books are arriving for a visit. I’m looking forward to finding out what adventures are in store for the family.

I need to figure out want I’ll read next at some point this afternoon. I’ve still got several graphic novels out from the library so I might binge read a few of those before I dive into one of several novels that are tempting me right now.

Other than books and reading:
We went to the zoo last Sunday for a short visit. We live fairly close to the zoo and having a membership this year has made just stopping by for short visits a fun thing.

Lily the youngest elephant (she’ll soon be a year old) was out playing with her older brother Sam (who is 5).

Oregon Zoo Elephants Sam and Lily
Sam and Lily

I did the best I could getting photos of the baby De Brazza’s Monkey but the glass and backlighting made it hard. He’s a cutie though.

Oregon Zoo De Brazza's Monkeys
Brooke and little Augustus
We had some pretty cool sunsets this week
Sunset

Sunset

Sunset

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

5 comments:

Tif Sweeney 11/17/2013 9:18 AM  

I am really needing to find my copy of Sherlock Holmes! I still have yet to read any and I am determined to make it happen before the year ends!

Love your zoo pictures! Before moving, we lived close to a zoo and visited often. Now we don't live close to one at all and we miss it so much!

Bryan G. Robinson 11/17/2013 9:33 AM  

Weekend good so far...well, except for the rain, but that's okay. We're not going anywhere and gives me a chance to catch up with reading blogs (like yours). Our library has a good selection of graphic novels, but just not the ones I want because they are series that have a lot in them...like Fables :(.

Eleanor 11/17/2013 9:34 AM  

LOVE the photo of Brooke and Augustus -- they look like they are just hanging out having a dull conversation. Hilarious.

Charlie (The Worm Hole) 11/18/2013 10:10 AM  

Your excuse for not reading is very valid! Glad it's sorted out because it can't have been fun. Love the photos of the sunsets.

SuziQoregon 12/10/2013 8:41 PM  

Tif: Now that I finally got back to Sherlock Holmes I want to make sure I get to the next one (Memoirs) sooner rather than later.

Bryan: I sure wish your library had a better Graphic Novel selection - any chance of Interlibrary loan??

El: Ha ha!!

Charlie: It's so nice to be able to read comfortably again!

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP