THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update November 24, 2013

>> Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I actually managed to get some reading time this week. I got my new contacts on Monday and it’s so nice to be able to read comfortably for more than just a few minutes again.

I read a couple of graphic novels this week. The Runaways Vol. 2: Teenage Wasteland is the second in that series and the story is taking off. I’m glad I've got volume 3 out from the library and hope to get to that soon.

I also read the 6 volume in the Y: The Last Man series. I've got 4 left in this series and it’s been an interesting ride so far. In the story it’s been a couple of years since a sudden and mysterious plague killed all the male mammals except for one young man and his pet Capuchin monkey.

Both of these series are written by Brian K. Vaughan and I've enjoyed every one of his graphic novels that I've read so far.

I started reading Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian. This my last book for the What’s in a Name Challenge for this year. It’s good so far. It takes place in the final days of World War II as people are heading west across the remnants of Hitler’s expanded Germany to flee the advancing Russian army.

On audio I’m listening to Children of the Storm by Elizabeth Peters. It picked up a couple of years after the previous book and after World War I. Missing antiquities, family dynamics, adventure, fun and parasols. I love this series.

Other than books and reading:
It’s been sunny and cold here this week resulting in pretty sunrises and sunsets. The birds have been busy at our bird feeders and yesterday while I was on the treadmill I saw a hummingbird buzzing around the tree in the backyard and eating at the feeder we have there. Looks like I need to keep that hummingbird feeder filled all winter.

Browsing my phone photos from this week:
(as always - click on photos to see larger version)

Monday’s prompt for my daily photo challenge was mirror. I was pretty happy with how this turned out.

maple in mirror
I put a mirror on our privet bushes and pointed it toward our red maple tree.

Sunrise at Waterfront Park Wednesday morning
Sunrise - Tom McCall Waterfront Park

There are a few trees still hanging on to their leaves and they just light up when the sun hits them.
Sunlit fall leaves


And for this week’s Abby Antics:

She wasn't going to let a little thing like not enough room on the back of the chair get in her way. She can nap with her front half and back half on two different pieces of furniture.
Abby napping
Don't tell me there's not room on the chair for me to nap


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Beth F 11/25/2013 4:07 AM  

I need to get back to my GNs!!

Charlie 11/25/2013 5:04 AM  

Some lovely photos, and I like the mirror idea. Glad to hear about your contacts and that your books have been good.

Tif Sweeney 11/25/2013 10:53 AM  

I really enjoyed Y!! I will be curious to hear what you think when the series ends! I won't say anything more though. I don't want to spoil it for you!!

By the way, your mirror pictures was one of my faves for that prompt!!

SuziQoregon 12/10/2013 8:55 PM  

Beth F: I've discovered that it works well for me to always have a GN going in my mix of what I'm reading.

Charlie: thanks!

Tif: We'll have to confer once I finish with the series. Thanks - I'm glad you liked the mirror photo.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP