THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Currently // December 2 2013

>> Monday, December 2, 2013

Currently

Time // 7ish pm Monday evening

Place // My recently decorated for the holidays family room and enjoying the view from my recliner.

Our Christmas tree


Drinking // Stash Cinnamon Vanilla Tea

Eating // nothing right now but leftover pot roast and mashed potatoes will be next on my agenda.

Reading // Skeletons at the Feast by Chria Bohjalian. This is my last book for this year's What's in a Name? Challenge. It's for the "Party or Celebration" category which is actually kind of weird since this book is about refugees fleeing the remnants of the Third Reich ahead of the oncoming Russian army. It's a tough book to read in places but it's very good.

Listening to // I had some errands to run today so that meant I had some good auciobook time in the car. I'm about a third of the way through Children of the Storm by Elizabeth Peters. I love listening to Barbara Rosenblat read this series and I'll be sad to finish it.

Watching // We're in the middle of season 7 of How I Met Your Mother. We never watched it until we started it on DVD a couple of years ago. Now we're binge watching in on Netflix and plan to catch up and finish out the current and final season live.

Blogging // Not since before Thanksgiving. It was a busy long weekend for me and since I didn't do a Weekend Update this is my version of catching up.

Making // I started knitting cotton washcloths. I found this waffle knit pattern and it's perfect for mindless knitting while watching TV. I'm making some for Christmas presents and then I want some for myself.

Waffle knit facecloth

Also check out that cute little project bag. I ended up going back to the yarn shop today to get two more. They're inexpensive and the perfect size for holding small project stuff and the name is perfect - "Pretty Cheep Project Bag" - check your local yarn or craft store.

Pretty Cheep Project Bag


Planning // Where I'm going to put my Christmas lights in the den. I'm no longer allowed to put them on my cubicle at the office but since I work from home two days a week I can decorate my workspace here.

Anticipating // There is nothing on our calendar for this upcoming weekend and I plan to keep it that way. A free weekend this time of year is something to be protected and thoroughly enjoyed.

What are you reading? What are you listening to? What are you doing?

4 comments:

Beth F 12/03/2013 6:24 PM  

A free weekend in December??? Be very grateful

Kailana 12/05/2013 10:56 AM  

I guess I should be very happy I have only listened to the first Elizabeth Peters! I have a long way to go. :)

SuziQoregon 12/11/2013 9:08 PM  

BethF: I know, right?? Once we realized we had a free weekend at this time of year we protected it fiercely.

Kailana: Yes you do and they just get better as the series goes on.

Mari: isn't that great - I went back to the yarn shop and got two more. Perfect for containing one project.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP