THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update December 22, 2013

>> Sunday, December 22, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
Well the Holiday season busyness has been in full swing and my reading shows it. I’m still reading Redemption by Jussi Adler-Olsen. I’m enjoying it a lot but haven’t had more than short bursts of reading time to devote to it. Hoping that will change this afternoon.

On audio, I’m on the last CD of Children of the Storm by Elizabeth Peters. I just love the Amelia Peabody series as read by Barbara Rosenblat.

When I finish that I’m going to take a short break from finishing out the Amelia Peabody series. I took advantage of a free Audible download this week to get The Cricket on the Hearth read by Jim Dale. I’ve never read this Dickens story and well, it’s Jim Dale! I figured that would be a nice holiday week listen before continuing with Amelia Peabody.

I did finish a couple of graphic novels this week. The first was The Drops of God, Volume 3. It was just OK and I won’t likely continue with the series. It was becoming repetitive and the story was progressing at just too slow a pace for me. I followed that up by reading The Runaways:The Good Die Young. This is the third in a series about a group of teenagers who find out that their parents are supervillains. The kids decide to use their own special talents and powers to make up for the evil done by their parents. This third volume finishes up the first major story arc in the series. I’ve already picked up the next two from the library. It’s a fun escapist type story and I’m really beginning to like these kids.

I’m taking a break from book reviews on the blog until after New Years so you’ll see reviews back in the mix in January. I'm working this week except for Christmas day and there's just not enough time this week and next week is my vacation.

Other than books and reading:
Last Sunday we participated in the Holiday Half and 5k. The Hubster ran the half marathon and I did the 5k. I was hoping to finish in under 35 minutes but didn't quite make it.

I’m blaming this on a crowded start and a narrow first two turns that slowed me down. That’s my story and I’m sticking with it. It was a fun race and unlike the past two years the weather was neither windy nor rainy.

Holiday traditions have already started around here. I made cranberry cream cheese bread. I love this stuff but only make it at Christmastime so it’s definitely a holiday thing for me.
Cranberry Cream Cheese Bread

This old post has the recipe. I did all mini-loaves this year because I take some in to work for my co-workers. That left a couple of mini-loaves for us which was just right.

Even Howie is dressed up for the holidays with his Christmas collar.
Howie's Christmas collar

I did manage to get some cabinet cleaning and purging done this week. That meant lots of shredding. Abby thinks the shredder is almost as entertaining as the printer.

Abby loves the shredder

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Kailana 12/22/2013 2:23 PM  

I got the Audible download, too. Just trying to finish up my current audio to get to it. Tantor also has one that is 7 stories. One of which is A Christmas Carol. I am not sure I will be able to get to both before Christmas. :( Next year I need to remember to not listen to such a long audio book just before Christmas, I guess. I still haven't read beyond Volume 1 of The Runaways. I am thinking in the New Year I will have to finally have the graphic novel day I keep promising myself.

Beth F 12/23/2013 4:30 AM  

My road to decluttering is going slowly but I am plugging away.

I have Drops of Gold 3 here and just haven't had the desire to get to it. I was questioning going on after vol. 2, but decided to try vol. 3. I too will likely stop there.

SuziQoregon 1/05/2014 9:03 PM  

Kailana: we listened to an audio version of A Christmas Carol a couple of years ago. It was narrated by Ralph Cosham and was very good.

BethF: Sounds like we were in agreement about Drops of God - I'd say don't bother with volume 3.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP