THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update December 8, 2013

>> Sunday, December 8, 2013

Weekend Update

Since my last update:
I finished reading Skeletons at the Feast by Chris Bohjalian. It follows a group of refugees across the remnants of Germany near the end of World War II. Although tough to read in spots it was very good.

I had to follow that up with a total change of pace so I turned to graphic novels. I read the 8th volume in the Fables series called Wolves. This one focused mostly on Snow White and Bigby Wolf and a bit of fun involving Cinderella too.

Next up I started The Drops of God, Volume 3. This series from Japan follows an ongoing competition about finding and tasting wines. It’s OK but I think this might be the last in the series for me. It’s becoming repetitive and three volumes in and they’re still on the first of 12 wines is moving the story along too slowly.

Today I plan to start the third book in Jussi Adler-Olsen’s Department Q series. The US title is A Conspiracy of Faith but my print copy is the UK Edition with the title Redemption. I’m looking forward to getting back to this series. I want to get this one read because the fourth book is due out at the end of this month.

On audio I’m still listening to Children of the Storm by Elizabeth Peters. As always it’s just a lot of fun. The mystery is intersesting but I’m really enjoying that for the first time in many books most of the extended family is together in Egypt. I’ve never read any of the print editions of this series but I highly recommend the audios.

Other than books and reading:
It’s cold.

too cold for me
Too cold for me
Not as cold as other parts of the country and not as cold as even other parts of Oregon but it’s still way colder than I want to deal with on any kind of long term basis.

Somehow we ended up with absolutely nothing on our calendar for this weekend. Once I realized that I protected it as best as I could. Yesterday after working out in the morning we just stayed inside where it was warm and I watched football and read all day. It was wonderful. This afternoon we need to watch Iron Man 3 because it’s due back to the library tomorrow.

Browsing my phone photos from this week:
We got all the Christmas decorating done inside and out last weekend.
Partylite Christmas Village
The new addition this year is the church that matches my Partylite village. These are so pretty at night with the tealight candles burning inside.

We’ve only had one cat-induced d├ęcor destruction incident (so far).
The work of Howie and Abby
redecorating by Howie and Abby
Some days working from home is a little more challenging than others.
Abby helps me work


My latest knitting project is cotton washcloths. I like the way this pattern and texture looks.
Knitted washcloth


Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

Bryan G. Robinson 12/08/2013 10:45 AM  

It's cold here, but only in the 20s today. Probably will be colder tonight and some freezing rain and ice are expected tonight.

I've wanted to get to the Department Q series. I just haven't done it yet.

Kailana 12/08/2013 6:38 PM  

I had planned to have a reading day today with graphic novels but ran out of time. :( I am behind in stuff and I hate it.

Beth F 12/10/2013 4:01 AM  

We were out and about all day on Sunday until the snow started turning to ice.

SuziQoregon 12/12/2013 8:39 PM  

Bryan: Oh I think you'd really like the Department Q series. Hope you give it a shot soon.

Kailana: Oh I hate it when I plan a reading day and it gets derailed.

BethF: Ice will definitely send and keep me home.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP