THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

What's in a Name 6 Challenge Completed

>> Tuesday, December 10, 2013

I have officially completed the What's In A Name 6 Challenge.

What's in a Name 6

What’s In a Name 6

This is the only challenge I committed to for 2013. It’s been my favorite challenge from its very first incarnation. I was so happy when Beth Fish Reads took over the reins and has kept this challenge alive and fun. I was sad to hear that she won't be hosting in in 2014 but fortunately the Challenge lives on (more about that later this week).

For this year’s challenge readers were once again required to read 6 books. The books had to be chosen based on words their titles matching up with the six categories. I managed to find books to fit most of the categories from within books I already had on my TBR list. Some of the categories were harder than others but they were all fun to pick which book to use.

Here are the books I read for each category (links are to my reviews):

A book with a "up or down" in the title: She Got Up Off the Couch by Haven Kimmel. A quirky and interesting memoir.

A book with "something you'd find in your kitchen" in the title: Orange Crush by Tim Dorsey. Another crazy romp through Florida with Serge Storms.

A book with a "party or celebration" in the title: Skeletons at the Feast by Cheis Bohjalian. A story of refugees fleeing the Russian army across the remnants of Nazi Germany.

A book with a “fire (or equivalent)" in the title: Burning for Revenge by John Marsden. Fifth in a series about Australian teens behind the lines in their occupied homeland

A book with an "emotion" in the title: Envy the Night by Michael Koryta. This is typical Macomber feel good predictable fare but only barely connected to her Blossom Street series.

A book with "lost or found (or equivalent)" in the title: The Lost Ones by Ace Atkins. Second in his series featuring Quinn Colson who is one of my favorite literary heroes.

Big thanks to Beth Fish Reads for a fun and interesting challenge and thanks for hosting it for the past few years.

3 comments:

Beth F 12/10/2013 6:06 AM  

So glad you enjoyed it this year and even happier that the challenge will live on! I need to get my sign-up post going.

Kailana 12/10/2013 1:10 PM  

Congrats on finishing!

SuziQoregon 12/12/2013 8:41 PM  

Beth F: Hope you enjoy being a participant instead of a host this year!

Kailana: Thanks - now on to planning for next year.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP