THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Bout of Books 9.0 Wrap Up Post

>> Monday, January 13, 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 ended last night. It was my second Bout of Books and I'm already looking forward to the next one in May.

Bout of Books

I had such a great time with my first Bout of Books last August and have had this past week marked on my calendar ever since.

Despite being completely swamped at work I managed to have a successful reading week. Bout of Books is a low-stress readathon and that's what I like about it. I never felt like I needed to stop doing everything else to just read but I felt encouraged to maximize and make more time for reading than I normally do. Obviously I worked full time all week so that limited my reading time but I managed to get a lot of reading hours in in the evenings and over the weekend.

These Were My Goals:
  • 2 hours a day total reading/listening time Monday - Thursday
  • 3 hours Friday
  • Read 4 books after I finished my current book
  • Participate in at least one Bout of Books Tweet Chat
  • Participate in one Bout of Books challenge
  • Spend some time each day visiting other participants blogs
  • Have fun

I missed my three hour reading time goal on Friday but met or exceeded my goal for every other day so I'm calling that one met

I finished 4 books during the week and got halfway through a 5th.

I lurked in both the tweet chats but was on my phone so couldn't really participate.

I participated in two of the daily challenges.

I visited a bunch of participants blogs and found a few new blogs I'll be keeping an eye on.

The books I finished this week are:
  • Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield
  • Y: The Last Man Vol. 7: Paper Dolls by Brian K. Vaughan
  • 1001 Nights of Snowfall by Bill Willingham
  • The Gates by John Connolly

I also read or listened to part these two books:
  • Shovel Ready by Adam Sternbergh
  • The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon by Alexander McCall Smith
All in all it was a great week of reading and talking about books with a great bunch of bloggers. I have Bout of Books 10.0 in May marked on my calendar. I hope you'll join me!

2 comments:

Kailana 1/14/2014 9:36 AM  

In May I would like to visit blogs and participate in challenges. I am still breaking myself in after 2013 so I didn't want to swamp myself.

(A few bloggers are having an informal Graphic Novel February if you are interested. Just tweet me if you are. I am still planning to read other things, but I want to catch-up on The Unwritten and Saga.)

SuziQoregon 1/14/2014 9:20 PM  

Kailana: I'm glad you had a good first time Bout of Books. Hope you'll join in again in May! I'm not going to commit to any reading plans right now. I'm enjoying not reading anything that feels like I 'have to' or 'need to'.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP