>> Monday, January 13, 2014
Bout of Books 9.0 ended last night. It was my second Bout of Books and I'm already looking forward to the next one in May.
I had such a great time with my first Bout of Books last August and have had this past week marked on my calendar ever since.
Despite being completely swamped at work I managed to have a successful reading week. Bout of Books is a low-stress readathon and that's what I like about it. I never felt like I needed to stop doing everything else to just read but I felt encouraged to maximize and make more time for reading than I normally do. Obviously I worked full time all week so that limited my reading time but I managed to get a lot of reading hours in in the evenings and over the weekend.
These Were My Goals:
- 2 hours a day total reading/listening time Monday - Thursday
- 3 hours Friday
- Read 4 books after I finished my current book
- Participate in at least one Bout of Books Tweet Chat
- Participate in one Bout of Books challenge
- Spend some time each day visiting other participants blogs
- Have fun
I missed my three hour reading time goal on Friday but met or exceeded my goal for every other day so I'm calling that one met
I finished 4 books during the week and got halfway through a 5th.
I lurked in both the tweet chats but was on my phone so couldn't really participate.
I participated in two of the daily challenges.
I visited a bunch of participants blogs and found a few new blogs I'll be keeping an eye on.
The books I finished this week are:
- Bellman & Black by Diane Setterfield
- Y: The Last Man Vol. 7: Paper Dolls by Brian K. Vaughan
- 1001 Nights of Snowfall by Bill Willingham
- The Gates by John Connolly
I also read or listened to part these two books:
- Shovel Ready by Adam Sternbergh
- The Minor Adjustment Beauty Salon by Alexander McCall Smith