THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – What We’ve Been Watching

>> Sunday, January 19, 2014

Weekend Update


Now that the college football season is over we’re back to working our way through the backlog on our DVR and our Netflix Queue.


We've been binge watching How I Met Your Mother off and on for the past few months.

 We’re now about halfway through Season 8 and have been recording Season 9, We should be able to catch up in time to be up to date before the series finale. Once we’re done with Season 8, we’ll have to pick another Netflix series.


Off the DVR we just finished Mob City. It was a 6 episode series on TNT set in 1947 Los Angeles. Good cops, bad cops, New York mobsters, LA mobsters, Bugsy Siegel and lots and lots of bullets. It was interesting to see the later stories of a couple of characters we’d last seen on Boardwalk Empire. The finale left the door open for more but who knows if it will be back.


We’re also watching the latest season of Downton Abbey. I have very mixed feelings about this latest season but I can’t stop watching now.

Justified is another favorite. I just heard this week that next season will be the last for the series. I’m sad to hear that but at the same time I think having a plan to end the series is a good one. When series go on too long it’s hard to make the choice to break up with them so I’d rather see a series while I still think it’s great.

Do you watch Grimm? This show is fun for us because it’s filmed here in Portland and full of familiar places. It can get a bit gruesome at times but it also can make me laugh. I love Monroe and Rosalee!


So what are you watching these days? Any recommendations for our next Netflix series to binge watch?

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

7 comments:

raidergirl3 1/19/2014 11:17 AM  

Have you watched Call the Midwife? I'm not sure if it's on netflix, but it's a wonderful BBC series. Case Histories is a mini-series from BBC as well, based on Kate Atkinson's book with Jackson Brodie.

The Surly Bookseller 1/19/2014 2:28 PM  

Started watching Sons of Anarchy when somebody mentioned in on FB, so binge watching, for sure. Best soundtrack EVER (even better than Longmire). Of course, it helps if you like songs that make you want to stand in front of the mirror and cut your hair off in a fit of depression, but, of course, I do.

And then there is Justified, on which you got me started, although I'm still behind but a good bit.

And the smartest show on TV right now, in my opinion (the only one that counts).... The Blacklist. Holy Cow. I don't ever want to meet the writers who come up with the ideas for the badder guys.

Kailana 1/20/2014 11:27 AM  

I am horrendous when it comes to television and movies. There is so much I want to watch and I don't...

Tif Sweeney 1/21/2014 7:28 AM  

I really, really enjoy Grimm! The one I am most excited for though is Sherlock! Adore that show. I also watch Parenthood pretty religiously as well.

I have wanted to get back into How I Met Your Mother. I really enjoyed that show, but the time doesn't work well for me and the kids' bedtime. I need to see if I can get my hands on copies at the library!

SuziQoregon 1/21/2014 9:13 PM  

Raidergirl: I've heard good things about Call the Midwife. I need to read Case Histories before I watch that one.

Surly: I'm not sure SOA is our thing but might give it a try. We haven't watched The Blacklist because we have a policy of not watching any new shows until we know they'll be back for a second season.

Kailana: I completely understand.

Tif: Yay - another Grimm fan. Sherlock is definitely on our list.

Les 1/27/2014 6:43 AM  

We just started watching Fringe and so far, I'm enjoying it, although it can be a bit gruesome. Still loving Breaking Bad, Justified, Dexter, Sherlock and Parenthood. Loved House of Cards and am anxious for the next season! I tried Orange is the New Black, but haven't watched more than just the first episode.

SuziQoregon 1/28/2014 9:26 PM  

Les: I really want to watch House of Cards. That one is definitely on our list.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP