THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The Time for a Graphic Novel Reading Binge Edition

>> Sunday, March 9, 2014

Weekend Update

So the first full week of work after vacation is in the done column. It felt like it was at least 10 days long. I’m finally making my way through endless lists of catching up type of things to get done and starting to settle back into a routine.

Reading has been a little hit and miss since we got back from vacation. I did manage to finish The Black Country and then I read a graphic novel this week. 100 Bullets: Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call is the first in a series that was pretty intriguing. I’ll be posting a full review on Tuesday.

I also finished my audiobook yesterday. The Serpent on the Crown was the penultimate book in the Amelia Peabody series and I went straight into the final book The Tomb of the Golden Bird. I’m going to miss this series when I finish it. It’s been such a fun one. Thanks to Beth Fish Reads and her review of Amelia Peabody's Egypt: A Compendium this week I know I’ll be reading one more book about Amelia in the near future.

I’ve been doing a pretty good job so far this year of mixing up my books and reading a mix of the various categories I talked about back in January. This is the list I initially set up.

  • Review book
  • Library book
  • Book from my bookshelf
  • Book from my ebook library
  • Graphic Novel
  • Section of a Chunkster

I’m finding that by approaching a section of a chunkster as if it were a shorter book is working well. I do need to make sure that I add some non-fiction into the mix though since I have many non-fiction books on my shelves and wishlists

My current stack of books I have out from the library right now looks like this.
Library Graphic Novel stack
click on image for larger version

That means that it’s time for me to go on a Graphic Novel Reading binge. At least two of these can’t be renewed again and I really want to read them all. So I think the next week or so will be devoted to my audiobook (The Tomb of the Golden Bird) and Part Four of my current chunkster (Outlander) but the majority of my reading will be this stack of graphic novels and a couple of others that are digital only on my ipad.

These are the books in the photo:


Hope you’re having a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Linda 3/10/2014 8:44 AM  

I'm trying to read more graphic novels this year. You've got some great choices.

Tif Sweeney 3/10/2014 8:08 PM  

You've got some familiar books in that stack! Have you reviewed Unwritten before? I think I must have missed it if you did. I started the series thanks to Kelly, and am currently waiting on #6 from the library. I'm curious about your thoughts on this series!!

Kailana 3/10/2014 10:46 PM  

Awesome!! Enjoy!!!

Beth F 3/11/2014 4:56 AM  

Love that your library has so many great GNs. Enjoy!

ravingreader 3/12/2014 7:47 AM  

I read The Pride of Baghdad last year - it's so sad. (Just a warning.) I cried my little eyes out when I completed it. It's a very good read - just really sad.

:-}

SuziQoregon 3/27/2014 9:00 PM  

Linda: I only recently started reading graphic novels. I'm having a great time.

Tif: Yes I've reviewed all the Unwritten books. It's one that I enjoy and has me confused all at the same time.

Kailana: I thought you'd approve!

BethF: I realize that I'm extremely lucky to have a library with a great GN collection.

Ravingreader: I still haven't read that one yet but I will soon.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP