THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update – The Best Reading Week in a While Edition

>> Sunday, April 13, 2014

Weekend Update

Last weekend was a great reading weekend for me. After finishing up A Circle of Wives by Alice LaPlante Friday night I needed to let it simmer in my head a bit before starting another novel.

Last Saturday I read three graphic novels and made a dent in the stack of books I've got out from the library. I read:

Hawkeye Vol. 2: Little Hits by Matt Fraction – a fun not quite a superhero series

Sweet Tooth Vol. 1: Out of the Woods by Jeff Lemire – this is the first in a new series for me. Post apocalyptic with half human, half animal children and after the first one I went to the library this week and picked up the second

and Pride of Baghdad by Brian K. Vaughan – I’ve had several people encouraging me to read this one for a while. Based on the true story of the animals of the Baghdad zoo roaming free after the city was bombed it’s a fascinating story and beautifully illustrated

Sunday was road trip day. I have a couple of friends who live north of Seattle and we periodically meet up at a pub in Olympia that's halfway between and me and the one who lives farthest north. That meant 5 hours of audio book time for me on the road.

I finished listening to The Wonderful Wizard of Oz narrated by Anne Hathaway and my recommendation is stick to the printed format.

I started listening to Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood narrated by Stephanie Daniel. This is the first in the Phryne Fisher series and I'm enjoying both the main character and the 1920's Australia setting.

I started reading The Accident by Chris Pavone. I really enjoyed his first book The Expats and this one is extremely good so far.

Aside from reading, here are a few random photos from my phone from this week:

The trees are blooming and my allergies are raging but it's still pretty

Blooming tree


I love the detail on this building. Even though its several floors up and not easy to see from street level it's beautiful.
Architectural detail


I do love me a pretty sunset

Sunset
Add caption

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

4 comments:

hillary roberts 4/13/2014 7:21 AM  

You had a better reading week than I did! That sunset is beautiful.

Kailana 4/15/2014 12:25 PM  

What a great week! Love the pictures!

Tif Sweeney 4/17/2014 9:31 PM  

Looks like I need to add Pride of Baghdad to my list!!

SuziQoregon 5/01/2014 9:13 PM  

Hillary - unfortunately after that week I hit a major reading slump - too much life interfering with reading time.

Kailana: Thanks!

Tif: It's worth a read. Not quite up to the expectations I had from the recommendations but good.

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP