>> Monday, May 19, 2014
Bout of Books 10 ended last night. It was my third Bout of Books and I've got the next one marked on my calendar the week of August 18-24.
Once again I had a great time having a reason to say 'not this week, it's bout of books and I'm going to read instead".
I had a successful reading week. Bout of Books is a low-stress readathon and that's what I like about it. I never felt like I needed to stop doing everything else to just read but I felt encouraged to maximize and make more time for reading than I normally do. Obviously I worked full time all week so that limited my reading time but I managed to get a lot of reading hours in in the evenings and over the weekend.
These Were My Goals:
- Read 4 books after I finish my current book (typically 2 books a week is a good week for me)
- Participate in at least one Bout of Books Tweet Chat
- Participate in one Bout of Books challenge
- Spend some time each day visiting other participants blogs
- Have fun
I missed my three hour reading time goal on Friday but met or exceeded my goal for every other day so I'm calling that one met.
I finished 6 books during the week.
I lurked in both the tweet chats but was on my phone so couldn't really participate.
I didn't do any of the daily challenges.
I visited a bunch of participants blogs and found a few new blogs I'll be keeping an eye on.
The books I finished this week are:
- Empress of the Night by Eva Stachniak
- No Place Like Oz by Danielle Paige
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
- Just One Damned Thing After Another by Jodi Taylor
- Sweet Tooth Vol. 2: In Captivity by Jeff Lemire
I also read or listened to this book:
- How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell (narrated by David Tennant
All in all it was a great week of reading and talking about books with a great bunch of bloggers. I'm looking forward to Bout of Books 11 in August marked on my calendar. I hope you'll join me!