THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

May Photo A Day - Can't pick just one

>> Thursday, May 1, 2014

So . . . I've been doing this Photo A Day thing for over two years now. Yesterday I posted daily photo number 776 to Shuttercal. It's fun and I enjoy having a reason to take and share at least one photo every day. I enjoy having a prompt to give me inspiration or something to look for as I go about my day.

When I first started this Chantelle at Fat Mum Slim was one of the few posting a monthly prompt list on Instagram. I stuck with her lists for almost two full years. In that time the number of folks posting monthly prompt lists has exploded and there are now many of them out there to choose from. I know that coming up with a fresh list of prompts for inspiration every month is hard work. That's why I look for someone else to do it for me! For the past few months I've been using different folks lists and it's been a nice change to be sharing my photos with different Instagram communities.

Here are just a few examples of what's out there for May:
(click on the images to see larger versions)



After this long however, some of the prompts are just starting to bore me. I don't every want to do another one that is some form of selfie. Also I refuse to do any that ask me to take a photo of a meal. Both of those subjects are just not interesting to me.

That's why I'm shaking up this photo a day thing again. I'm not committing to any one list for the full month. I have saved a bunch of different May prompt lists to a separate album on my phone. My plan is to pick one prompt each day from all of those lists. This means I can skip the prompts that don't interest me and I can also get to visit different photo sharing communities throughout the month.

I'm kind of excited about picking one from a bunch of prompts each day for a photo.

Here are my favorites from my April Photo a Day adventures:

ground level
April 8th - ground level
blue
April 13th - blue
next to
April 16th - next to
quarter
April 19th - quarter
white
April 20th - white
stacked
April 21st - stacked
I hope you'll consider joining me for some sort of Photo a Day posting in May.

0 comments:

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP