THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!!

The new location is Whimpulsive.


Update your feed reader now!


The feed has moved to: Whimpulsive


Update your reader now with this changed subscription address to get your latest updates.

http://whimpulsive.net/feed/

Weekend Update - The Lost Week Edition

>> Sunday, May 11, 2014

Weekend Update



Last weekend I was in San Antonio with a bunch of friends and then I got sick so the rest of this past week has been a bit of a blur.

San Antonio was fun and beautiful. I love the Riverwalk. Parts of it are bustling and busy and fun and other parts are quiet and peaceful and relaxing. I had a great weekend with the best bunch of girlfriends ever.

on the Riverwalk
on the Riverwalk

The being sick part? Not so fun. Also all The Hubster’s fault. He gave me the cold in the first place but over the course of the week it went from cold to flu to bronchitis to shoot me now. I haven’t been reading much because my attention span has been pretty much non-existent.

I did manage to finish and post reviews for All the Light We Cannot See which is simply lovely and Fables Vol. 9: Sons of Empire which continues the always amazing Fables series.

I also finished listening to The Dark Horse by Craig Johnson. This fifth book in the Walt Longmire series was a good one and the audio edition included an interview with the author.

My new audiobook is just a whole lot of fun. I’m listening to How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell which is narrated by David Tennant. It’s FABULOUS!!. I also picked up the book at the library because even though the audio is wonderful on it’s own I like seeing the visual stuff from the book too. Fortunately my library has all the David Tennant audios of this series because I definitely plan to listen to and read along at the same time to the rest.

Tomorrow is the kickoff of Bout of Books 10 so I’ll be pushing to maximize my reading time this next week. I've got a stack of graphic novels out from the library as well as a bunch of books on the shelf and my ereaders all ready for it. It’s not too late to join in so get over to the Bout of Books blog and check it out!!

More photos:
at the Alamo
at the Alamo

ducklings!
Ducklings!
Hope you’re having a great weekend!

3 comments:

Les 5/11/2014 12:42 PM  

San Antonio's a fun town! Bummer about getting sick, though. We're suffering from allergies here, but no spring colds, thank goodness.

I'm anxious to read my ARC of All the Light We Cannot See. I've heard excellent things about it! And thanks for the recommendation for How to Train Your Dragon. I'll see if my library has the audio to download.

Have a great week and feel better!

The Surly Bookseller 5/11/2014 8:18 PM  

I had a pretty amazing weekend last weekend, too, but most of the pictures I took I'd be sued for posting. Ah, memories.

Plus, blackmail opportunities.

SuziQoregon 5/13/2014 9:18 PM  

Les: It is a fun place to visit. I want to go back with The Hubster. I'm really enjoying How to Train Your Dragon - just a hoot to listen to but make sure you get the David Tennant version (I think there's another with a different narrator).

Surly: LOLOL

Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave a comment. I read and respond them here although not always right away. If you would prefer an email response let me know.

I do moderate comments on posts older than 14 days in order to control spam. I will approve your legitimate comments as soon as I can.

Blog Archive

My latest Photo a Day

See a photo a day on SuziQoregon's ShutterCal

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP